Sponsored

Raceseng Weighted Shifters

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
For those of you wanting to purchase a weighted shifter for your GT350/GT350R, consider Raceseng. I got mine in today and it's pretty impressive. Just be sure to let them know you've got a GT350/GT350R as the adapter size will be different than the ones they send for the 2015+ Mustangs.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Looks like a shorty... the throw on the stock shifter is nearly just right, but the throw on the MGW is just right.

How does it perform is the question?

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
For those of you wanting to purchase a weighted shifter for your GT350/GT350R, consider Raceseng. I got mine in today and it's pretty impressive. Just be sure to let them know you've got a GT350/GT350R as the adapter size will be different than the ones they send for the 2015+ Mustangs.

Impressive in what sense?

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
Isn't this just a shifter knob?

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's just a shift knob but the feeling of a weighted shifter, imo, provides a more enjoyable driving experience. There are a number of things a driver interacts with and with a 6mt car, the shifter is one of the more common devices. I'd upgrade the steering wheel but I'm happy with the look and feel of the stock setup.

I wanted a weighted shift knob, that looked unique and the majority of what I found were metal shifters. In the summer they'll get too hot and in the winter the opposite; so to me, the fact that this shifter comes with multiple sizes, shapes, colors, is weighted, and not very common, it provides a more enjoyable driving experience.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What impact does a weighted shifter knob have on the life of the transmission? I would assume that extra mass applies more force back into the transmission when there are vibrations. Similar to resting a hand on the shifter except not so severe.

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What impact does a weighted shifter knob have on the life of the transmission? I would assume that extra mass applies more force back into the transmission when there are vibrations. Similar to resting a hand on the shifter except not so severe.
Negligible if anything. All knobs have different weights and I doubt something that's weighted slightly more than factory will have any severe long term affects. Your hand on the shift which includes the weight of you arm resting back, is an excessive amount of weight in comparison.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Isn't this just a shifter knob?
What really matters is the extra mass being added at the top of the shift lever.

Why is a heavier shift knob better you may ask yourself? The answer is simple and relates to basic physics. <snip>

This theory applies to a weighted shift knob in the following manner. While shifting, the weighted shift knob is set in motion by the driver. While the weighted shift knob is travelling between gears, it has a certain velocity and carries with it kinetic energy. The additional kinetic energy the heavy shift knob carries with it helps it to engage in to the next gear.

Essentially, the shifter with a heavier shift knob is more "difficult" to stop because of the added kinetic energy, which actually helps it engage in to the next gear with less direct effort from the driver. The net result is a smoother engagement in to the next gear with less effort put in from the driver on the weighted shift knob to get it in to gear. It is for this reason that a heavier shift knob feels much smoother to shift than a shifter with a stock shift knob.
http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/weighted-shift-knob.html

The extra mass should be more resistant to resonating with high-frequency vibrations that may be present.

Norm
Sponsored