Sponsored

Gaskets needed for OPD/CSG install

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can anyone give me a list of gaskets/O-rings needed when changing the OPG and CSS on a 2016 Mustang GT? Im pretty sure the valve cover ones can be reused. Thanks!!!
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
You can completely reuse all gaskets and o-rings. Unless you damage them from removal, and that is very doubtful, that would only be the reason to get a replacement. Most commonly people buy a new a/c belt to replace the stock one as it's just easier to cut the current one off. You'll also want an MMR damper install bolt (or all thread equivalent and bolt) and some Ford TA30 silicone or aftermarket equivalent.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
You can completely reuse all gaskets and o-rings. Unless you damage them from removal, and that is very doubtful, that would only be the reason to get a replacement. Most commonly people buy a new a/c belt to replace the stock one as it's just easier to cut the current one off. You'll also want an MMR damper install bolt (or all thread equivalent and bolt) and some Ford TA30 silicone or aftermarket equivalent.
Yep, pretty much this. I bought a new front cover crankshaft seal, thermostat housing o-ring, and new front cover gaskets just in case, but ended up using the stock ones. I did buy a coolant pump o-ring and replaced it just in case, but honestly you probably don't need to. The stock valve cover gaskets are actually really good, just make sure you don't use metal to scrape off the old gasket sealant - use a plastic piece. I did buy and use the new OEM AC belt. It was easy to just cut off the old one and install a new one.

Other than that I bought an OEM Ford crank bolt and washer and some Permatex Ultra Black gasket sealant and it worked out great.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I guess it depends on how old and how many miles are on your car. Mine was new with only 4000 miles so I didn't need any gaskets. They are very thick chunks of rubber not some little thin gaskets. Easily reusable. I did buy the ford recommend rtv that gets used where the case halves come together, but imho don't need it. If I did it again I would just use good quality black rtv.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I contacted a couple forum vendors on here who do these installs all the time, and they said they also reuse the stock gaskets if they are un damaged when removed. These cars typically don't have engough miles and wear on these item to warrant replacement at this point.

Sponsored

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote