Sponsored

Hidden Potential in the GT350 IM?

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
This is kind of an addendum to Voodoo's ITB idea. With that out of the question, is there potential to improve airflow with either an aftermarket IM or a good port & polish? It would be good if the aftermarket tuners were developing something but I haven't heard of any doing so. How about a port and polish? Do you think there are any gains to be had there?
Sponsored

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
There is room for improvement but I think the first starting point should be a 100mm throttle body. Ahem...Accufab? You out there? Hello? Senors? Can you hear me?

OP
OP

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
I'm game for a larger TB. My only concern would be whether or not it improved HP and tq throughout the rev range not just on top.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Wasnt FP planning on doing a larger throttle body? Not sure but I also think I read they may of ditched those plans....

Sponsored

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Wasnt FP planning on doing a larger throttle body? Not sure but I also think I read they may of ditched those plans....
There was word they were planning on it but then dropped their plans. I know of someone that ported a stock TB and has sent it off for flow bench testing. Then it will be installed and ran on a dyno. They will be on here making an announcement when they are ready.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yes. I read a quote from a Ford engineer. He said they abandoned the project because the hp gain was marginal and the degradation in driveability was significant. As far as porting /polishing the stock IM, giving the fact that it is plastic I'm not sure those procedures would even apply.

OP
OP

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
There was word they were planning on it but then dropped their plans. I know of someone that ported a stock TB and has sent it off for flow bench testing. Then it will be installed and ran on a dyno. They will be on here making an announcement when they are ready.
The results should be very informative. Looking forward :thumbsup:

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Both the 92mm and 100mm throttle bodies were scrapped because the amount of gain wasn't proven to be all that dramatic, and the 100 needed a tune, so warranty issue kicked in. Also the track key was taken off the table as well.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Our motor is pretty well optimized as is. You can go the FI route for big gains, but I question the longer-term reliability. Plus adding FI to the GT350 really gets away from what the car is all about which is a NA track car. For those staying NA you only have a tune, intake and full exhaust as your options.
Sponsored