Sponsored

High rpm lock out 1-2 with the kitchen sink in it.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Worst part I've bought for my car. Took it out in less than a week.

OP, I haven't had this issue even with the stock shifter and I'm going to 7500+

One thing I noticed with the stock shifter was my technique causing issues. Maybe you're pulling too hard to the left while you're grabbing second?
This was exactly my issue when I first purchased my 16. The GT-82 transmission is EXTREMELY finicky in regards to direction. You MUST shift slightly away from the drivers seating position. Any loading towards the driver will result in miss-shifts.
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
The NVH was horrid. It literally made my car feel like it was falling apart. Shifts didn't improve at all either. But that's my experience and experiences may vary. No I didn't cut the hole the middle part either.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
This was exactly my issue when I first purchased my 16. The GT-82 transmission is EXTREMELY finicky in regards to direction. You MUST shift slightly away from the drivers seating position. Any loading towards the driver will result in miss-shifts.
When I changed from top grip to side grip, it made a world of difference. Slightly guiding the shifter is what worked best for me.

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just to follow up, since I bled the system with the mitivac the clutch pedal feel is better and I haven't been locked out of 1-2 yet. Hopefully that fixed it.
Sponsored