Sponsored

High rpm lock out 1-2 with the kitchen sink in it.

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm getting high rpm lock out from 1-2 only at 7100rpm

I've done
MGW xspec
RST
Clutch line
Amsoil fluids

This happen to anyone else. I have 1k mi on the clutch. Could there still be air in the line?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Also I have a WOT box installed but it was locking out before the WOT box

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Worst part I've bought for my car. Took it out in less than a week.

OP, I haven't had this issue even with the stock shifter and I'm going to 7500+

One thing I noticed with the stock shifter was my technique causing issues. Maybe you're pulling too hard to the left while you're grabbing second?
Im not sure, I have tried adjusting the mgw and it still does it. I have tried different knobs too. Im gonna try vaccum bleeding the clutch again and see if that fixes it. the bleeder comes in saturday. TBH I had less issue with the stock shifter, it just rattled at high rpm and when swapped it for the mgw it seemed like one of the nuts inside the stock shifter case was loose

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Im not sure, I have tried adjusting the mgw and it still does it. I have tried different knobs too. Im gonna try vaccum bleeding the clutch again and see if that fixes it. the bleeder comes in saturday. TBH I had less issue with the stock shifter, it just rattled at high rpm and when swapped it for the mgw it seemed like one of the nuts inside the stock shifter case was loose

Have you tried pumping the clutch a couple times before you row through the gears?

Is the tension adjustable on the MGW? On the Barton (what I'm using now) I can adjust the spring tension. I had a lock out issue going onto 5th, which is why I got the the Barton. Seems to have fixed it.

I would definitely look at your shifting technique and possibly adjust it. Not saying that's the issue, but it won't hurt to try.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just sent an email to MGW.

I had thier race spec and never had this issue. I explained what's happening and I'll keep yall in the loop here on how it goes.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
See...its all a matter of preference. Probably too much NVH... me on the other hand am still running it . Even though the MGW moves with the trans (unlike the stock shifter) this helps keep the trans from moving as much.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
From MGW...

if you are getting lockout and you have the shifter 1-2 gate adjusted properly then it must be a clutch issue. The shifter will do the shift perfectly.

You need to try doing HARD fast shifts with the car either stationary or at less than full redline. BUT QUICK...if it works then , then the issue is not the shifter.

With the x-spec you have a shorter throw and thats why we suggest it for people who have built up their driveline in other areas like clutch and even trans ( calimer stage 2 etc. )

We have no way to return a used shifter but obviously stand behind it but i assure you the shifter is doing its job.

You need to make sure you use a SIDE hand shifting technique with the 1-2 shift. palm facing the drivers door and actually PULL it up against the hardened plate then pull straight back. It literally will not go any where else.

George
---------------------------------------------------------------
I guess I'll try and vaccum bleed the system when it comes in from amazon and hopefully that fixes it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
See...its all a matter of preference. Probably too much NVH... me on the other hand am still running it . Even though the MGW moves with the trans (unlike the stock shifter) this helps keep the trans from moving as much.
I've got no problem with a little gear noise....in fact, I sort of like it.

But beyond that I can't really imagine much of a downside to such a part. Been thinking about installing one since I'll be under there anyway swapping trans fluid soon.

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
If there is ANY chance its the shiftier/shifting technique you can completely eliminate it if you do exactly this...

Do the 1-2 pin lockout adjustment so that you CANNOT get it into 1st and then back the pin until you CAN JUST get into first.

Then go about 1/2 turn MORE away from the plate.

Then when you shift pull HERD against the plate with a SIDE grip palm facing the driver door and pull striahgt back. There is no way the shift will not make it to 2nd. If it locks out its your clutch or trans.

George

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
:first:
If there is ANY chance its the shiftier/shifting technique you can completely eliminate it if you do exactly this...

Do the 1-2 pin lockout adjustment so that you CANNOT get it into 1st and then back the pin until you CAN JUST get into first.

Then go about 1/2 turn MORE away from the plate.

Then when you shift pull HERD against the plate with a SIDE grip palm facing the driver door and pull striahgt back. There is no way the shift will not make it to 2nd. If it locks out its your clutch or trans.

George
Thanks for replying to my thread George. I just went and readjusted it again but as I said in the email I sent you, imy no longer doubting the shifter. I'm really starting to think it is is the clutch pressure. I think ru night game the mitivac is going to fix my issue. It mostly only happens when no lift shifting with the WOT box and never really happens when shifting at high rpms 1-2 when I let off the throttle. It's still a fast shift but not a power shift. I'm really NOT interested in returning the shifter tbh. I do like it alot. I just want to tune the little bugs out of my system. I understand that before when I had the race spec I probably had the same issue as I do know but the shorter throws with the x pec make them present.

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
:first:

Thanks for replying to my thread George. I just went and readjusted it again but as I said in the email I sent you, imy no longer doubting the shifter. I'm really starting to think it is is the clutch pressure. I think ru night game the mitivac is going to fix my issue. It mostly only happens when no lift shifting with the WOT box and never really happens when shifting at high rpms 1-2 when I let off the throttle. It's still a fast shift but not a power shift. I'm really NOT interested in returning the shifter tbh. I do like it alot. I just want to tune the little bugs out of my system. I understand that before when I had the race spec I probably had the same issue as I do know but the shorter throws with the x pec make them present.

and there is always this option...

simply swap the handle for these bad boys which raises the knob height a little and lengthens the throw slightly giving you just a bit more time.

George
johnnysflatstick.JPG
mt82bluejake5.0.JPG
coyotegreenblackclassic.JPG
Sponsored