Sponsored

Route to Engine bay?

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
Hi All. New to the forum, but read a lot already. Looks like a good crowd.

I have a question on my car.. 2016 GT 5.0, Holman Moody supercharged. I really would like to run a boost gauge to the inside (gauge TBD) but I cant seem to find a way to run a vacuum hose! Its pretty darn tight and not a lot of room for anything in there, especially with the blower against the firewall. Any tips?

Bob
Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Do you still have the sound tube in? If not, that's your hole through the firewall and it pops out behind the gas pedal mount. Or are your just talking about routing the tube in the engine and already have a way into the cabin?

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
What's Holman Moody supercharged? Honestly never heard of it/him.

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holman_Moody

Holman-Moody had a lasting effect on all forms of auto racing. Their innovations include fuel cells, full-floater rear axle, on-board fire systems, quick change disk brakes, square tube frames, tube shocks. The 1966 Holman-Moody Ford Fairlane was the basis for NASCAR racecars until NASCAR redesigned their car as the Car of Tomorrow.[1]

Holman-Moody-built Fords won 48 of 55 NASCAR Grand National (now Sprint Cup) Races in 1965, a record that has never been broken.[1] Mario Andretti won the 1967 Daytona 500 whilst David Pearson won the 1968 and 1969 NASCAR championships. Dan Gurney won five races at Riverside International Raceway.

OP
OP

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
Thank you Mootang, much appreciated. Sounds like just what I was looking for. The sound tube is gone with the supercharger install, perfect!

Holman Moody was the racing arm of Ford, kind of like Ganassi is now. They helped win the 24hr of Le Mans in 67 with the GT40 Mk2, and are still the sole mfr of REAL GT40's with the 9 original chassis they have left that havent been completed. They made the Mustang TdF in 2014 which was amazing but I never got my hands on one. So now I got an S550 they did up which is also incredible.

They do very nice, detailed work.

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thank you Mootang, much appreciated. Sounds like just what I was looking for. The sound tube is gone with the supercharger install, perfect!

Holman Moody was the racing arm of Ford, kind of like Ganassi is now. They helped win the 24hr of Le Mans in 67 with the GT40 Mk2, and are still the sole mfr of REAL GT40's with the 9 original chassis they have left that havent been completed. They made the Mustang TdF in 2014 which was amazing but I never got my hands on one. So now I got an S550 they did up which is also incredible.

Cool! I am Roush charged, so my sound tube hole was rubber plugged. I just poke a hole through it and was able to wire everything up.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holman_Moody

Holman-Moody had a lasting effect on all forms of auto racing. Their innovations include fuel cells, full-floater rear axle, on-board fire systems, quick change disk brakes, square tube frames, tube shocks. The 1966 Holman-Moody Ford Fairlane was the basis for NASCAR racecars until NASCAR redesigned their car as the Car of Tomorrow.[1]

Holman-Moody-built Fords won 48 of 55 NASCAR Grand National (now Sprint Cup) Races in 1965, a record that has never been broken.[1] Mario Andretti won the 1967 Daytona 500 whilst David Pearson won the 1968 and 1969 NASCAR championships. Dan Gurney won five races at Riverside International Raceway.

Thanks I did a quick search after asking and found out some of their history, but not really anything about this supercharger...can you post some pics of your engine bay or some links please?
Sponsored