Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone that is interested or on the fence, we have 15% through tomorrow!

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Considering getting some of these. I wish I had ordered some sooner so I could practice this before hitting the track on Sunday.

Random stupid question -- with wider acceleration pedals, does it take some getting used to? I find that in my gf's stang, I can feel the accelerator on the corner of my foot when pressing the brakes just slightly. No one accidentally hit brakes and accelerator when coming to a stop eh? Lol.

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Considering getting some of these. I wish I had ordered some sooner so I could practice this before hitting the track on Sunday.

Random stupid question -- with wider acceleration pedals, does it take some getting used to? I find that in my gf's stang, I can feel the accelerator on the corner of my foot when pressing the brakes just slightly. No one accidentally hit brakes and accelerator when coming to a stop eh? Lol.
Yes, it absolutely takes some practice and careful foot/leg positioning to not accidentally hit both with your foot. I have the Steeda h/t pedal and Garageline spacer, and my gas and brake pedals are on the exact same plane and right next to each other. Just one of the reasons why I don't let anyone else drive my car...

But once you're used to it, it's easy, just becomes second nature. Only challenging under really critical threshold braking where the brake pedal is pushed further down than normal, of if you're wearing clunky shoes, like work boots.

But this is exactly why most cars don't come stock with good h/t pedal positions- liability for "unintended acceleration "

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Yes, it absolutely takes some practice and careful foot/leg positioning to not accidentally hit both with your foot. I have the Steeda h/t pedal and Garageline spacer, and my gas and brake pedals are on the exact same plane and right next to each other. Just one of the reasons why I don't let anyone else drive my car...

But once you're used to it, it's easy, just becomes second nature. Only challenging under really critical threshold braking where the brake pedal is pushed further down than normal, of if you're wearing clunky shoes, like work boots.

But this is exactly why most cars don't come stock with good h/t pedal positions- liability for "unintended acceleration "
Gotcha. Makes perfect sense. Very interesting! Thanks man.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Gotcha. Makes perfect sense. Very interesting! Thanks man.
Honestly you just learn to brake with the left side of your foot. With the brake fully depressed I'm revving the engine maybe 300 to 500 rpm's. Nothing that will actually affect your driving in any way. Plus it allows me to heel and toe with ease.

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Honestly you just learn to brake with the left side of your foot. With the brake fully depressed I'm revving the engine maybe 300 to 500 rpm's. Nothing that will actually affect your driving in any way. Plus it allows me to heel and toe with ease.
Talking about with the actual heel toe pedals right? Do you guys also find yourself jerking the brake (applying more/less pressure) while heel toeing? The first time I tried without the heel toe pedal, braking was a little less smooth and weird for me. Still planning on getting this pretty soon though.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Talking about with the actual heel toe pedals right? Do you guys also find yourself jerking the brake (applying more/less pressure) while heel toeing? The first time I tried without the heel toe pedal, braking was a little less smooth and weird for me. Still planning on getting this pretty soon though.
You won't apply even pressure on the brake pedal the first few times you drive it. It will become muscle memory rapidly though. And yes I use Steeda's heel and toe gas pedal. Also some leeway in mounting it, maybe a half inch either way. I mounted all the way to the left, and it works for me with a size 8.5 shoe.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
You won't apply even pressure on the brake pedal the first few times you drive it. It will become muscle memory rapidly though. And yes I use Steeda's heel and toe gas pedal. Also some leeway in mounting it, maybe a half inch either way. I mounted all the way to the left, and it works for me with a size 8.5 shoe.
Gotcha!

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
I went with the Steeda pedal, because price. Also .5 inch spacer. It's almost too much spacer, but works out well with my size 8.5 shoe. Anyways, I can now heel and toe the car while driving home from work, it's great.
What are people using to space out the pedals? Saw the GarageLine spacer but, to me, if you're going to drill on a new pedal cap then you have other options (between OEM pedal and Steeda) that might be cheaper? Looking to see if someone already has a proven solution rather than figuring it out the hard way myself! ;)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Biggest reason I haven't done anything like this is because once you're braking hard enough (like at the track), you don't want the step-over height to be compromised.

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
What are people using to space out the pedals? Saw the GarageLine spacer but, to me, if you're going to drill on a new pedal cap then you have other options (between OEM pedal and Steeda) that might be cheaper? Looking to see if someone already has a proven solution rather than figuring it out the hard way myself! ;)

A local ACE hardware or similar should have some nylon/aluminum/steel spacers that will fit over the studs. a 10mm spacer is what it took for me, however I have really narrow feet when they are squished in my driving shoes and I prefer more meat on the brake pedal, thus I use much less of my foot to tap the gas. With my setup I just have to do a very minor roll to rev it.

My right ankle has much less flexibility in that direction as I took a rattle snake bite to it years ago and it's never been the same.

For me the spacers weren't a necessity, but more of a luxury.

pstoppani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
+1 on Steeda pedal + Garageline spacer. Perfect setup, and you can fine-tune the exact placement of the Steeda pedal, because you drill the stock pedal backing piece to mount.
I have the same setup; very pleased.

I prefer no grip on the gas pedal. The brake and clutch on the other hand, I like some grip.

pstoppani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Biggest reason I haven't done anything like this is because once you're braking hard enough (like at the track), you don't want the step-over height to be compromised.
The brake pedal in these cars moves so little under braking that the heights are not compromised.
Sponsored