ShaftMasters Direct fit

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION]

Kelly

How goes the direct fit Shaftmasters testing? I just called them to get a new shaft and they said you are testing it for them.
Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I have a direct fit from them and it's fine. Easy install as well.

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
They apparently have a new one they are making because they are not selling the one that they had they said Kelly is testing it now and they should have something in a week or two

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I could be wrong but I believe I have the same one he does. No adapter plate and bolts right on the trans flange.

Sponsored

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
interesting they told me it was new and he was testing in on his modded car and then they would test it on a stock one to make sure it was good before they sold them.

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
Any news?

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I got it yesterday and it is a quality part. They did make one mistake, but I am sure they will clear it up, they shorted me 1 of the pinion bolts. so me being the impatient person I am I took one of the stock bolts and cut it down so it weighed 31 grams just like the bolts they provided and installed the shaft. The hardest part was cleaning the threads on the pinion flange because I do not have a lift but other than that it went in with 0 issues. I took it for a quick trip to an abandoned part of Mexico and it had no NVH up to 100Mph and actually got rid of the stock driveline clunking a lot of 6spd cars have. GREAT product.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I got it yesterday and it is a quality part. They did make one mistake, but I am sure they will clear it up, they shorted me 1 of the pinion bolts. so me being the impatient person I am I took one of the stock bolts and cut it down so it weighed 31 grams just like the bolts they provided and installed the shaft. The hardest part was cleaning the threads on the pinion flange because I do not have a lift but other than that it went in with 0 issues. I took it for a quick trip to an abandoned part of Mexico and it had no NVH up to 100Mph and actually got rid of the stock driveline clunking a lot of 6spd cars have. GREAT product.
Where are you located I have some extras.
Can you post a photo of what your looks like to see if it's like the one hey sent me?

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Where are you located I have some extras.
Can you post a photo of what your looks like to see if it's like the one hey sent me?
I am in Murfreesboro, TN.

I can try the next time I get it up in the air enough to see. it has no adapters. the front flange is round with the 3 tabs to go in the Transmission bolt holes and the rear flange is coated black so it will not rust or powder. I would jack it up right now but after laying on the ground doing the driveshaft, dropping the exhaust and IRS out of the car for other fun stuff and putting in all back in by myself my back is a little sore today. Sucks getting old.

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
So it looks like this?
Mine still has a rumble around 55mph. I'm going to shim the trans crosmember
IMG_5239.jpg

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
yes sir it looks just like that. I did put 1/8" shims on the trans crossmember when I did the drivershaft so that may be the reason I dont have a vibration.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
yes sir it looks just like that. I did put 1/8" shims on the trans crossmember when I did the drivershaft so that may be the reason I dont have a vibration.
Ok good info I'll do he shims sooner than later. Where did you buy the shims?
It's hard to buy only 4 around here. Also call shaftmasters they will send you the bolts you need. They overnighted mine.

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I had to get a box of them on amazon. It was a few bucks for a box of 50. If you were closer I would give you some.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I had to get a box of them on amazon. It was a few bucks for a box of 50. If you were closer I would give you some.
Thanks for the offer though. I'll search amazon to see if I can find something.
Sponsored