Sponsored

GT350 front and rear tow hooks from FP

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
My guess is it was done to prevent melting the diffuser, the stock 350 tips are heat shields more than anything. I've personally had exhaust melt a plastic bumper on my previous car. Or perhaps there is a rule regarding exhaust exit.

I wasn't referring to you, the other two above made comments about the back up light but multi-quote is a pita on my phone.
to each their own, i can imagine getting smacked by some asshat coming out of my driveway or in a parking lot because they didn't know i was backing up.... :frusty:
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
It's a race car, doesn't need fake tips when adding weight and complication is pointless.

As far as the backup light is concerned, who cares? Nobody pays attention to it anyway. Especially since GM in their infinite wisdom decided to have reverse lights come on as courtesy lights. Love waiting for a spot only to find its just someone getting out of their car.
Finally! Grill will be modified and reverse light deleted!!

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I still want to know if the hood is available for sale
The original hood was made by Kohr it used the factory hood. They are planning to produce one I believe. Once I confirm this I'll let you know in here.

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I'd prefer the plastic one on the 350s. Mainly since carbon gets absolutely chewed up and looks like shit after a little use. Dry carbon in matte finish seems to fair better but then the cost tends to kill the practicality. I like the GT4 aero work better, especially it's lack of support rod's. It appears there are "no step" stickers are the dive planes as well.. nice touch.

I believe that was just a show car. The actual race cars in Daytona had support rods.

A7ACFD62-07C9-438D-9842-33E6F7726836.jpg

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I believe that was just a show car. The actual race cars in Daytona had support rods.

A7ACFD62-07C9-438D-9842-33E6F7726836.jpg
not the same car! your image is of a GT350R/C. Donkey's image is that of the GT4

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
not the same car! your image is of a GT350R/C. Donkey's image is that of the GT4
Sorry but you are incorrect. The photo I posted is definitely a gt4.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
The hood on the 15 car at daytona was falling apart, they had to tape the side vents on 1/2 way through.

Still interesting to me that the lower side inlets where the street cars have coolers are blocked off. Maybe too much flow into the fenders causing lift?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Sorry but you are incorrect. The photo I posted is definitely a gt4.
Why are you sorry? Silliness! I stand corrected.

Sponsored

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
The hood on the 15 car at daytona was falling apart, they had to tape the side vents on 1/2 way through.

Still interesting to me that the lower side inlets where the street cars have coolers are blocked off. Maybe too much flow into the fenders causing lift?
The hood was falling apart because it was crashed into the back of the Porsche. As for the vents being blocked off, that's because the coolers are in different locations. As you suggested, leaving them open would just add unnecessary drag/lift.

Why are you sorry? Silliness! I stand corrected.
Just being polite.:cheers:

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I just ordered a new take off grill from eBay. How hard do you suppose it would be to mount 2 projector lights on either side of the rear tow hook?

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
The hood was falling apart because it was crashed into the back of the Porsche. As for the vents being blocked off, that's because the coolers are in different locations. As you suggested, leaving them open would just add unnecessary drag/lift.

Just being polite.:cheers:
I'm not convinced, the damage to the bumper was minimal and the hood looked fine, It looked like they went for super light weight and didn't test it at the speeds that the GT4 could hit on the banking. The whole hood was flexing madly and the vents were trying to leave the situation as they are of course much stiffer with the way they are shaped.

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I'm not convinced, the damage to the bumper was minimal and the hood looked fine, It looked like they went for super light weight and didn't test it at the speeds that the GT4 could hit on the banking. The whole hood was flexing madly and the vents were trying to leave the situation as they are of course much stiffer with the way they are shaped.

I know Jade Buford who was driving the GT4 during that incident. I can assure you they did plenty of lapping at Daytona before the race. They spent at least three days practicing, and qualifying a few weeks earlier at the roar before the 24. All that tape was added to the hood, and bumper on the pit stop immediately following the collision, and you're not convinced that the hood vent lifting was caused by the hit?:shrug:

The hood shake is completely normal on a race hood that doesn't have a skeleton. It's basically just a skin.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I do believe Dean stated they planned to produce a better hood that the current hoods were literally production hoods, gutted and vents placed in them. Their option would have the same vents but be produced in fg or carbon.
Sponsored