Sponsored

Front grill design with lights something different.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Further more after talking with Dustin Whipple about this project he believes IAT1 intake air charge is very important to power as it's not only a cooler starting point before ccompression by the whippple, but the air is more dense when it hits the screws and creates more Boost. This system of closed air box especially shines when on the hit cruising around town stop light to stop light where heat starts to build up in the engine compartment and IAT1 sky rockets. My IAT1 before would reach 140 easy cruising in town and stopping in a parking lot or light. The rise was very fast as well, but with the closed system temps climb very slowly and around 20 over ambient that's a massive reduction. The spark vs IAT temp map will be adding more spark everywhere that temps are lower. Yes I realize the spark map reads the IAT2 data post compressor and much of the heat is scrubbed off from IAT1 from the heat exchanger system. And yes IAT2 will have much slower reaction to inlet temp changes than IAT1 because of heat exchanger, but it will be lower for sure and will add power for sure.

In the end this system was proven effective by Whipple's Dyno test, and even Dustin Whipple is developing a closed system using the snorkel dimensions. I would agree that open air filter with open hood on the Dyno may produce higher hp and TQ numbers, but that's not what I was after here as I don't drive around with my hood off or filter exposed and stop and go traffic and heat build up is a real power killer especially in forced induction. My design was made not for the highest Dyno number possible, but real world cruising and on the hit from lower speeds is where it will shine. Also at some level the at higher speed the big mouth cone will have some ram affect likely minimal but it's positive for sure. Look for Whipple to come out with a closed airbox design with snorkel to the front grill.
Sponsored

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
Roh92cp, looks great and functions well. Outstanding. Thanks for sharing/documenting your ideas and doing the foot work for idiots like myself.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Roh92cp, looks great and functions well. Outstanding. Thanks for sharing/documenting your ideas and doing the foot work for idiots like myself.
Your welcome. Long winters with car in winter storage mode leads to wild ideas and tinekering. I go in the garage everyday looking at my car scratching my chin looking for things to do and improve:thumbsup:

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT Premium PP
what did you use to hold the mesh to the back of the grille

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A

Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wow. That's all that needs to be said. Shawn, that looks amazing and big props to you for continuing to do things your way. Adding that to my DIY list!

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
what did you use to hold the mesh to the back of the grille
The grill screen is cut about 1/4 wider all around and zipped ties are used with cable tie stays that are glued all around with automotive goop. This is one of the methods that Customscargrill.com recommends. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AUB81DC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CCID28/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This. And....is that your stock grill with factory centers cut out?
Yes factory stock grill top and bottom cut out.
Wow. That's all that needs to be said. Shawn, that looks amazing and big props to you for continuing to do things your way. Adding that to my DIY list!
Thanks my friend, projects like this are a result long winter and the only thing that keeps me from going crazy since I can't drive it is to make something:crazy:

Oh and since I'm done with that, I just started with a complete audio upgrade with new 10.2" android based touchscreen radio DVD player. Speakers amps and sub. Cars already pulled apart. I cut the 6.5" speakers out from the inside of the trunk with metal snips and made room for 6x9 to go in.

http://www.seicane.com/10-2-inch-an...headrest-monitor-control-usb-sd-video-s085693

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
What is the white part that the light is shining on? I want to do the lights but I want it to pop like yours does

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The grill screen is cut about 1/4 wider all around and zipped ties are used with cable tie stays that are glued all around with automotive goop. This is one of the methods that Customscargrill.com recommends. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AUB81DC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CCID28/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes factory stock grill top and bottom cut out.

Thanks my friend, projects like this are a result long winter and the only thing that keeps me from going crazy since I can't drive it is to make something:crazy:

Oh and since I'm done with that, I just started with a complete audio upgrade with new 10.2" android based touchscreen radio DVD player. Speakers amps and sub. Cars already pulled apart. I cut the 6.5" speakers out from the inside of the trunk with metal snips and made room for 6x9 to go in.

http://www.seicane.com/10-2-inch-an...headrest-monitor-control-usb-sd-video-s085693
Thanks for the install tips! I have been contemplating trying this myself before forking over money to buy one but could never think of a clean way of attaching mesh. This lets me to my ACC lower grille too so it matches the upper! No one seems to care about after market lowers for ACC people.

How did you cut it out? It looks so clean!

Last edited:

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
What is the white part that the light is shining on? I want to do the lights but I want it to pop like yours does

+1

I feel like I'm missing something.

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
+1

That is the BIG MOUTH ram duct that we make :)

Here is a link.

http://www.velossatechdesign.com/product/2015-2016-s550-mustang-big-mouth-ram-air-kit/

Greatly aids in keeping inlet temps down and promoting more airflow at higher vehicle speeds. Designed and made in the USA as well :)

You can get the driver side which is functional, or the passenger side which adds symmetry to the whole package. We will most likely end up making these available with simple light up kits thanks to shawn.

They are available in 15 different colors.

Here are some examples

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
It's the Vellosatech Ram air cone. http://www.velossatechdesign.com/product/2015-2016-s550-mustang-big-mouth-ram-air-kit/
Thanks for the install tips! I have been contemplating trying this myself before forking over money to buy one but could never think of a clean way of attaching mesh. This lets me to my ACC lower grille too so it matches the upper! No one seems to care about after market lowers for ACC people.

I used zip ties and zip tie stays and glued the stays down with goop, it's all been described above.

How did you cut it out? It looks so clean!
I used a dremel with a plastic cutting disc, after that I sanded it done to make it even and smooth.

Great job shawn!!
Thanks!
+1

Look at the links above and at the first page, it's the Vellosatech ram air.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I just say Bravo to Vellosatech for offering all these colors and the color match is amazing that they do.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
That is the BIG MOUTH ram duct that we make :)
On your site it says it works on some aftermarket grills, and it says Roush. How exactly does it work with the Roush grill when that area is blocked off? Guessing you mean it works with the Roush after cutting out the plastic?
Sponsored