Sponsored

2018 Digital Gauge Cluster

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hey guys. I ve disassembled my current cars dash board and even took the gauge cluster out so many times. Looking at the My2018 interior pictures, the housing for the digital cluster seems to be the same. If the cluster is not vin locked, my guess is you can purchase this from Ford Parts website for 300 to 400 dollar range and fit it inside the housing. For the premium models with mycolor option, this seems to be a possibility. The steering wheel buttons for the mycolor and menu options seem to be the same besides the extra mustang button.What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I would bet it is a good chunk of coin more than 300-400, probably closer to 800-1000

Being that it is an option, it will most likely fit and plug in physically. Question will be if the BCM needs swapped as well, which it probably does.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be surprised if they weren't vin-locked. At minimum I think you'd need to re-program it to the car and immobilizer.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be surprised if they weren't vin-locked. At minimum I think you'd need to re-program it to the car and immobilizer.
This. You'd need to reprogram the cluster for your car, and there's a good chance a lot of it is not backwards compatible with the older PCM and BCM, and I'm not sure about the Chassis/ABS module.

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm guessing it will be possible. It might not be easy, but I think it will be possible.

I say this primarily because:
  • It's an option, and cost-wise it makes more sense for Ford to have everything that hooks up to the cluster be identical across all models
  • The outside of the housing does look similar, and probably is.
  • Even if there is a software reconfiguration required, I can't forsee it being completely impossible.
  • The steering wheel controls appear identical on newer models. It wouldn't make sense for Ford to completely change the programming interface to interact with the new display.

Long story short, it makes the most economical sense for Ford to change as little as possible between model years because of all the tooling that exists, third parties that are already on the line to manufacture components, QA that has already been performed... etc...

My gut tells me this is a plug n' play. If I'm right, I'll be one of the first to order one. It's so much more radical than the current display.

Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the gauge cluster. I would also like to change it on my car if it were plug and play. If it needs programming, hopefully [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] can take a look and see if it can be possible to program it and get it to work with our cars.

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I'm guessing it will be possible. It might not be easy, but I think it will be possible.

I say this primarily because:
  • It's an option, and cost-wise it makes more sense for Ford to have everything that hooks up to the cluster be identical across all models
  • The outside of the housing does look similar, and probably is.
  • Even if there is a software reconfiguration required, I can't forsee it being completely impossible.
  • The steering wheel controls appear identical on newer models. It wouldn't make sense for Ford to completely change the programming interface to interact with the new display.

Long story short, it makes the most economical sense for Ford to change as little as possible between model years because of all the tooling that exists, third parties that are already on the line to manufacture components, QA that has already been performed... etc...

My gut tells me this is a plug n' play. If I'm right, I'll be one of the first to order one. It's so much more radical than the current display.
Thats what i m thinking too, plug and play, especially for the current premium owners. Now the heated steering wheel on the other hand, i can live without!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hey guys. I ve disassembled my current cars dash board and even took the gauge cluster out so many times. Looking at the My2018 interior pictures, the housing for the digital cluster seems to be the same. If the cluster is not vin locked, my guess is you can purchase this from Ford Parts website for 300 to 400 dollar range and fit it inside the housing. For the premium models with mycolor option, this seems to be a possibility. The steering wheel buttons for the mycolor and menu options seem to be the same besides the extra mustang button.What do you guys think?
The key question is - why ???

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Not such a fan of the digital speedo, but I do wonder what type of parts might fit the 15-17... could become interesting :thumbsup:

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I would be interested in the swap but I am sure it would need to be programmed for mileage and VIN then hopefully everything else would be backwards compatible. I like the track mode pic that turns it to a big tach bar graph.

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
it is possible, and the cluster is 2200