Sponsored

Hit by a deer :(

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Luckily the deer in the south are relatively small. If you were in say, Michigan... your car would be totaled. :)
Sponsored

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Tyrone/PeachTree City area. I made it all of about 3 doors down from my house when it happened. I was in 2nd gear just idling out of the subdivision to keep from waking the neighbors.
Thats a bad area for deer accidents. I hit one in 2015 in Tyrone with my F150. I drive through that area daily. Keep an eye out for a white/blue stipe GT350. Also, my sister has been working at Delta for 25+ years and I've heard lots of horror stories about door dings in the EE parking lot. Love that ruby red color!

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
So sorry to see this. Hopefully the PDR process will straighten it out.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Man this sucks. Be very cautious about letting them do a door skin, have had it done to my 92 stang years ago and was never happy with the result. And that was a simple fox body with flat panel doors, simple in comparison.

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Dropping the car off at Performance Auto Collision this morning. 6 weeks before it's finished. Almost for certain the door will get replaced. There's a small indent on the rear fender as well. That will get the PDR treatment. They will need to paint most of the passenger side of the car and as a result remove from and rear windshields. Turns out the are structural to the GT350 and can't be reused. So far I'm very impressed with this place and feel the Shelby is in good hands. In the big picture, it could have been worse.
IMG_2667.JPG

Sponsored

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Nice score on the parking spot. I wouldn't have any problem leaving it there.

I am sorry to hear the bad news about the PDR. If the repair is going to be expensive, maybe the insurance deductible/diminished value would be the way to go. I've heard that some repairs never make it to the carfax, I would ask if there was a way to keep it off the record. In my opinion, if the car was repaired correctly, I wouldn't think that would have any relevance in resale value of the car. Did you take photos of the deer? It's not like the car was in a head on or was rear ended...... Furthermore, I'd hate to have to fork over a chunk of my profit sharing because of a deer. That just sucks.
Next month, when the big 'D' sends out their profit sharing..... it will make the repairs a bit easier. My only concern would be to make sure that the paint is matched correctly.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
They will take superb care of both you and the Shelby.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You're definitely lucky!! That's minimal damage from a deer hit, just be glad it was not worse as most have said (or experienced, such as myself included).

In the other deer hit thread below, on page 2, I posted images of my encounter with a deer. My 2011 Genesis Coupe was plowed into on the passenger side by a deer - same as what happened to you - but the one that hit me was quite large and did some major damage and I was going 45mph at the time. Damn thing shot right out from the woods, never saw it.

The hit totaled the exterior rear pass. 1/4 panel, cracked the interior rear 1/4 panel, rippled the entire door skin and dented the front fender. Rear 1/4 int & ext panels and door skin had to be replaced, front fender was PDR. Entire passenger side was a repaint. Never could tell afterward anything had happened and paint matching was for a gray metallic, which is not easy to match either. Total cost was $7k+.

The pics I posted in that thread are as the car was getting torn down for repair.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72517

Best of luck with your repair.

The key to getting a good repair is the quality and reputation of the shop doing the work - always research!

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Well the the cost estimate came in last night...
$12,025.21 :shocked:
The biggest ticket item is the door which needs to be replaced. Turns out that the intrusion beam was damaged as well.
Door = $1,102.05
Rocker molding = $987.23
Rear Glass = $524.93
Quarter Glass = 416.38
Front Windshield = $359.23
Plus a bunch of other items listed on the 7 page estimate.
Prices listed are for parts only.
Estimated labor hours = 124 hrs

Wow, just wow. :faint:

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
The biggest ticket item is the door which needs to be replaced. Turns out that the intrusion beam was damaged as well.
Door = $1,102.05
Rocker molding = $987.23
Rear Glass = $524.93
Quarter Glass = 416.38

Holy Hell. Agree with the new door though, door skins never turn out perfect in my experience. Good luck, hope it all turns out well.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Door = $1,102.05
Rocker molding = $987.23
Rear Glass = $524.93
Quarter Glass = 416.38

Sorry to hear that! It may be time to call the insurance company. 12k..... wow

Again, sorry to hear it.

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Sorry my fellow PTC Bubble brother. I live in Lake Windsong in Tyrone just on the edge of PTC and this is a fear of mine. There is a berm just as you leave my neighborhood where I always see deer congregating to eat the bushes. Plus a heavily wooded road to get into my subdivision.

Haven't seen your ride around town yet. I met a fellow with a white with blue stripes. I have a yellow with black stripes.

Good luck with the repair.
Cool! You're right around 6 miles from me (I live in River Crest). You might have even seen the the little guy that kamakazied me.
Btw, I just looked up how fast they can run, 47 mph! No wonder the side impact beam inside the door was damaged.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
dd

Last edited:
OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Latest update -
I just talked to the shop. All parts are in and the car is actively being worked on. One interesting thing that they mention is that since it is R.R. Clear Coat Tint, that there will be no way to match/blend in the exact tinting mix from the factory that ended up on my car on that day it was painted. As a result the entire car will be clear coated and will be better than factory, especially with regards to the masking job the factory did on the painted black roof. So far I am still impressed with this place and understand why there are a number of high end cars at there.
Meanwhile I'm driving a "carbon offset" to the Shelby, a Nissan Leaf. :(
Sponsored