Hit by a deer :(

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
They did a door reskin on my '14 Fusion that was hit by a shopping cart.
The first 3 replacement skins received were returned because they did not meet the shop's quality standards.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dkmesa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
How terrible! Where in Atlanta were you when it happened?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I do, every day. I did find a spot that works out quite well though. I arrive at 7am, which is before most of the other workers in the building arrive, so it has been open everyday since delivery day. It's a parallel parking spot at the end, then a couple of work friends (WRX or Mustang GT) park in front of me.
Nice score on the parking spot. I wouldn't have any problem leaving it there.

I am sorry to hear the bad news about the PDR. If the repair is going to be expensive, maybe the insurance deductible/diminished value would be the way to go. I've heard that some repairs never make it to the carfax, I would ask if there was a way to keep it off the record. In my opinion, if the car was repaired correctly, I wouldn't think that would have any relevance in resale value of the car. Did you take photos of the deer? It's not like the car was in a head on or was rear ended...... Furthermore, I'd hate to have to fork over a chunk of my profit sharing because of a deer. That just sucks.

dkmesa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Sounds like he knows what the deal is.
Check in with Todd Brandon at Performance Auto Collision about the door reskin option.
770-752-0099
Their motto: "A quality repair is invisible"
Best of luck.
Thanks for the recommendation. Hopefully I won't need any repairs anytime soon, but good to hear of a quality shop. I have not been satisfied with Classic Collision in the past, and Magnum Collision is a little excessive.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Talk to some paintless dent removal guys before going the bodywork route. The good ones have amazing talent. I have seen worse removed. The door handle area should come out but the bodyline if pushed in would be a problem. Still they may be able to get it removed. Worth a shot.
Exactly. As long as the paint is not cracked, a good painless dent removal expert can fix that so you won't even know it ever happened. Prices vary but in my area it is between 80-100 per panel no matter how many dents they need to get rid of. Ask local dealers who they use. You want someone who is excellent at doing this.

Sponsored

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Update. The PDR place just called me back with some not so good news. The location of the dents along the door body line is a major issue. There is a large reinforcing beam just on the other side of that which protects from side impacts, which would prevent PDR on that area. He also stated that around the door handle area is a large plate which would also prevent getting into that area. He works with dealerships alot and has experience on 2015+ Mustangs. He even recommended against regular body work and have the door reskinned instead. Back to feeling bummed.
That sucks. Makes sense....just sucks. Complete door shell might be cheaper than the labor and door skin. I would prefer that over a reskin.

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
How terrible! Where in Atlanta were you when it happened?
Tyrone/PeachTree City area. I made it all of about 3 doors down from my house when it happened. I was in 2nd gear just idling out of the subdivision to keep from waking the neighbors.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That sucks. Makes sense....just sucks. Complete door shell might be cheaper than the labor and door skin. I would prefer that over a reskin.
+1

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Nice score on the parking spot. I wouldn't have any problem leaving it there.

I am sorry to hear the bad news about the PDR. If the repair is going to be expensive, maybe the insurance deductible/diminished value would be the way to go. I've heard that some repairs never make it to the carfax, I would ask if there was a way to keep it off the record. In my opinion, if the car was repaired correctly, I wouldn't think that would have any relevance in resale value of the car. Did you take photos of the deer? It's not like the car was in a head on or was rear ended...... Furthermore, I'd hate to have to fork over a chunk of my profit sharing because of a deer. That just sucks.
The deer ran off after the impact. Hurt, but still alive at the time. I think its neck might be broken though. I think I'll check out Performance Auto Collision and see what they have to say.

dkmesa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Tyrone/PeachTree City area. I made it all of about 3 doors down from my house when it happened. I was in 2nd gear just idling out of the subdivision to keep from waking the neighbors.
That's crazy.

Sponsored

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Sorry my fellow PTC Bubble brother. I live in Lake Windsong in Tyrone just on the edge of PTC and this is a fear of mine. There is a berm just as you leave my neighborhood where I always see deer congregating to eat the bushes. Plus a heavily wooded road to get into my subdivision.

Haven't seen your ride around town yet. I met a fellow with a white with blue stripes. I have a yellow with black stripes.

Good luck with the repair.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
OH DEER that doesnt look good
Sponsored