Sponsored

A+++ for the new GForce "850hp" S550 Half Shafts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
No.

I had one of the first production sets of the. FRPP, the GForce for the 9" and now these GForce units and all 3 have been tighter than the OE on each of my cars.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
This is my daily driver, 100 miles a day.

I'm very picky with it. It's great.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
This is my daily driver, 100 miles a day.

I'm very picky with it. It's great.
Am i good with the 850 Half shafts? or do i need to go 1400 hp half shafts? I just have Whipple stage 2 and full bmr suspension :D

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, I think these would do the trick ;)

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If I'm not going to the race track and putting slicks on the car would the stock axles with drag radials on the street live with a manual & 700 rwhp ? I figured that the car will never really dead hook to break the stock shafts or is it a suicide mission.

Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
No.

I had one of the first production sets of the. FRPP, the GForce for the 9" and now these GForce units and all 3 have been tighter than the OE on each of my cars.
Oh wow... no wonder you are so happy with them. I wish I got one of the good sets you got! Mine really take away from the car, it drives extremely loose and bounces around on the lash every time you tip in/out of the throttle.

When I install your rear camber arms I will have to take them out and just ship them to gforce since they ignored my emails with video links showing the slop in my outer CVs.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Oh wow... no wonder you are so happy with them. I wish I got one of the good sets you got! Mine really take away from the car, it drives extremely loose and bounces around on the lash every time you tip in/out of the throttle.

When I install your rear camber arms I will have to take them out and just ship them to gforce since they ignored my emails with video links showing the slop in my outer CVs.
That sounds like a rear end issue. If you had that much play I would think you'd break something by now.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
That sounds like a rear end issue. If you had that much play I would think you'd break something by now.
I said the same until I pulled the rear end and took it to the local mustang shop to have it rebuilt and tightened up a little, then put it back in the car to still have the same problem. Luckily when reinstalling the rear end I inspected the axles and discovered all the play in the outer CVs.

It hasn't broke yet probably because I have entirely adjusted my driving style around it. I preload the axles every single time before I get on the throttle.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
If I'm not going to the race track and putting slicks on the car would the stock axles with drag radials on the street live with a manual & 700 rwhp ? I figured that the car will never really dead hook to break the stock shafts or is it a suicide mission.
Definite suicide mission. That much power on a drag radial with manual will destroy the stock axles. It's not the dead hook that will do the damage. It's the sketchy traction on the street that leads to a wheel hop scenario busting the half shafts.

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Just ordered these based on your post BMR. I was waiting to see what you had to say. I don't plan on more than 850hp and just liked the Gforce/Ford performance stuff better than the DSS stuff. This will complete all the damage that was caused from my differential breaking. The only weak link left would be the drive shaft and thats next on my list to upgrade.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just ordered these based on your post BMR. I was waiting to see what you had to say. I don't plan on more than 850hp and just liked the Gforce/Ford performance stuff better than the DSS stuff. This will complete all the damage that was caused from my differential breaking. The only weak link left would be the drive shaft and thats next on my list to upgrade.
What caused your differential to break ? Can you explain why you prefer the Gforce over DSS is it due to the bolts backing out on the DSS ?

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Not sure of the cause, but one of the rear bolts broke and the front passenger ear broke off at the thin part of the aluminium. I have more miles than covered under warranty so I did not take it to a dealer. I was also expecting a half shaft to break on a hard launch first. This happened under medium acceleration up a hill so I think it may have been a stress over time thing combined with a twilight zone manufacture defect. Water under the bridge now.

I've read about the bolts coming loose. That could be fixed with locktite. Ive also read some people actually breaking them. Honestly though its probably the same reason I would buy a BMR part over a steeda part or the HTC over a samsung. Not because of any hard evidence they are better, but more of a gut feeling thing that it will make me happier. It could just be more attractive marketing.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
These things are doing great thus far.

Took it to the drag strip last weekend and made some 6500RPM launches and they held up great!

ImSlow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
These things are doing great thus far.

Took it to the drag strip last weekend and made some 6500RPM launches and they held up great!
Nice! I'm going to order these soon! Doing OPG's, Sprocket, Balancer, Driveshaft and these Halfshaft's in my next stage of mods!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.