McLeod RST and Supercharger

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I daily drive with an RXT and have no issues with my MT-82 and I am not easy on my car at all.
Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
RXT here. Works fine and takes a flogging but ditto on chatter and noise generated. Probably not much different in that regard than the RST.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
RXT hands down. That thing just takes punishment and goes. Absolutely zero slippage as well, it does exactly what you tell it to. The RXT got a bad rap because Ben Calimer can't stop saying it will break your MT-82.

Last edited:

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Doesn't Ben Calimer rebuild transmissions?

Probably depends on driving habits. OEM clutch is organic, with hub springs. Those act as shock absorbers.

With a S/C, its probably not that hard to damage a sync / engagement teeth on a gear, whether suddenly or gradually over 10k miles.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yes he does. Not saying he is or isn't good at it, but a lot of empirical evidence to suggest the RXT is fine and some people just want something to blame other than accept it was their style of shifting or just their MT-82's time.

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
And how many vendors and forum members here use the RXT.
That has nothing to do with what I just said but I'll answer it. Almost all of the vendors here use Rxt because it's not like they daily drive their cars, most are shop cars. I'll also say they I spoke to McLeod and their tech dept told me to get the rst as it will be fine for racing as long as I'm not hot lapping it.
There is another guy who is local to me running the rst and he's making a great deal of power. I think he's in the 9s now.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
And how many vendors and forum members here use the RXT.
We use the RXT in all of our shop cars. Been 9.70@150 with our blue car using it.

[ame]

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
That has nothing to do with what I just said but I'll answer it. Almost all of the vendors here use Rxt because it's not like they daily drive their cars, most are shop cars. I'll also say they I spoke to McLeod and their tech dept told me to get the rst as it will be fine for racing as long as I'm not hot lapping it.
There is another guy who is local to me running the rst and he's making a great deal of power. I think he's in the 9s now.
I highly doubt that any other vendor/member here has more experience with Mcleod clutches than me. We've been using them and selling them for many years.

If you plan on taking your car to the drag strip you want the RXT. Trust me. The RST may hold up for a while at the strip but eventually will go and then you'll have to either rebuild it or go with the RXT which should have been the proper clutch to go with from the beginning.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I highly doubt that any other vendor/member here has more experience with Mcleod clutches than me. We've been using them and selling them for many years.

If you plan on taking your car to the drag strip you want the RXT. Trust me. The RST may hold up for a while at the strip but eventually will go and then you'll have to either rebuild it or go with the RXT which should have been the proper clutch to go with from the beginning.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared
lol I'm ordering a McLeod today. When do you close

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
For what it is worth, I have a RXT and recently broke 3rd gear. I am having Ben C rebuild my trans. he recommends switching to the RST but I am going to keep my RXT and hope that it holds up.

If i were doing it over i would probably start with an RST but not worth swapping it to me.

OP
OP
dsp4848

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
For what it is worth, I have a RXT and recently broke 3rd gear. I am having Ben C rebuild my trans. he recommends switching to the RST but I am going to keep my RXT and hope that it holds up.

If i were doing it over i would probably start with an RST but not worth swapping it to me.
Just curious, how did 3rd break?

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Just curious, how did 3rd break?
the way it was explain to me is that certain clutch like the RXT engage harder and faster then ones like the RST. and the mt-82 cant handle it.. but im not 100% on this

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).

Same here...broke 3rd as well. I swapped in another MT82 and am not speed shifting anymore. Plan on Ben doing my broken one as well. Which option did you go with from Ben?
Sponsored