Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hi guys

We'll be visiting Vegas for SEMA next month, and we're starting to plan our itinerary.

Can you suggest any car related places worth a visit? Interested in these so far:

1 - Shelby Factory (did this back in '14 during the 50th celebrations, but will do it again)

2 - Petty Muscle Car Challenge @ the LV Motor Speedway

3 - Gaudin Ford / Mustang Manny (to check out any interesting Mustangs!)

Anything else?

Cheers
Paul

:)
Sponsored

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I typed into google: vegas race rental and it comes up with places you can rent cars to run on a track. That would be fun.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, there are a few options for that, it appears. We'll be doing the Petty one.....you can choose Challenger, Camaro or Mustang. No prizes for guessing what we'll rent :D

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Exotics Racing - it's next to Speedway - they have some really fun cars and not a Challenger or some Camaro...

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Speed Vegas- it's new, so I can't give any insight. It looks interesting, and I believe they want to be involved in the local scene- As in Cars and Coffee every Sat morning w $20 ride alongs-maybe to cut down on the stereotypical departures...? lol And making a buck as well, I'm sure https://speedvegas.com/en/

Further out in Pahrump is Spring Mountain Motor Resort http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/facility/race-track. It's quite a set-up, people with deep pockets keep their toys there. I don't know how much you could do, but could at least see how the percent with all the dosh do it.. :D. Maybe try chat up the instructors for a ride? at least a couple are SCCA people ;)

edit: re Gaudin- where I bought and service mine...Last time I was there, they had a sweet display of some wild-looking GT350s. There were about 150 total Mustangs there, so something will likely be drool-worthy

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sound_SS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Trailblazer SS
the exotic car rental is fun but gets pricey real quick with additional laps. how much time will you really have for stuff outside the show? i'll be there wednesday through friday this year and i couldn't imagine seeing everything i want to at the convention center and fitting in additional entertainment.

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Soooo... what did you do? :p

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well.....spent 3 days at SEMA and also visited Shelby American. As we had our wives with us, the rest of the week was spent enjoying the strip (eating/drinking/shopping).

I'm now many ££ lighter and many lb heavier!!! :D

702TrafficCone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Glad you had a great time in our city! I love living here haha.
Sponsored