Sponsored

APEX wheel survey to make wide wheels for mustangs

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
[MENTION=9374]Sock[/MENTION] has been running 19x11 Forgestar's with 315's squared for over a year without issue.
[MENTION=7150]boardkat[/MENTION] is running 18x12 and 335 squared, but his do poke out from the front fenders.
Sock is running 18x11s :thumbsup:
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Wish they would put the 18x10s for the Mustang back into production at the very least.
I've emailed them with no response and check the website periodically. I'll be going another route unfortunately.

F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've emailed them with no response and check the website periodically. I'll be going another route unfortunately.
From my experience it can take a while before they answer back but once they do, they do a good job.

I asked for a better deal on the 18x9s if I bought 8 or 12 wheels and if they could confirm the 6 piston brake fitment. Took them almost two weeks to answer but they came back with "It definitely fits. No deal.".

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'd probably sell my 18x10 Apex wheels if someone is interested. I have basically new RE71R's in 275/35/18 on them now that are almost new(12 AutoX runs). One wheel got scratched up a little when I had a hoosier blowout, but it still balances out no issue. I'm not sure on selling, but figure I can make room now for wider wheels later since my wrist is currently broke. $1700 plus shipping for wheels and tires.

EDIT: I also have 4 295/40/18 Hoosier R7's that have at least a couple track weekends left on them I could include for another $500 shipped.

Sponsored

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'd love the SM10 or EC7 in 18x10.5 ET 45. i could run 305/30/19 NT01 then =).

I used to run 18x10 et25 EC7 as track wheels on my e46 M3 track car. I can attest to their strength. I've bent so many ARC-8 but never an EC7. I questioned why I had so many TE37 when EC7 was so cheap and strong haha.

I was told by APEX that they are looking to release the new sizes in Q1 of 2017.

Crossing fingers....

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Apex is great. High regards for everyone over there.
Everyone acts upset that Apex isnt doing more for S550, but come on. They need more people tracking S550 and more data to figure what will sell.
Sure they can do 18x11, but will there be enough volume to support it?

They do group buys that are freakn excellent. Have done 2 and picked up wheels at what I feel is excellent price performance ratio.

Apex, PM me if you want a deposit!
19x11 EC7
18x11 EC7

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I've been kind of surprised more mustang guys aren't using apex wheels. I think part of it is due to lack of availability. They have the BMW market locked down. Everyone at BMWCCA events have apex wheels. They are always doing group buys and selling ridiculous amounts in each one. I'm hoping the mustang market can pick up some steam. Apex earned my long term business last year by truly being an awesome company to work with. When the new stuff comes out, I'm a buyer.

OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've been kind of surprised more mustang guys aren't using apex wheels. I think part of it is due to lack of availability. They have the BMW market locked down. Everyone at BMWCCA events have apex wheels. They are always doing group buys and selling ridiculous amounts in each one. I'm hoping the mustang market can pick up some steam. Apex earned my long term business last year by truly being an awesome company to work with. When the new stuff comes out, I'm a buyer.
I'd buy for sure if they come out with something wider than 18x10, at a reasonable price. Currently, you can get custom Forgestars in 18x10/11/12 for our cars, for LESS than a retail apex 18x10 set...

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'd buy for sure if they come out with something wider than 18x10, at a reasonable price. Currently, you can get custom Forgestars in 18x10/11/12 for our cars, for LESS than a retail apex 18x10 set...
That's good to know. What is the going price for 18x11 Forgestar's? I thought they were a little more expensive than the apex wheels.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That's good to know. What is the going price for 18x11 Forgestar's? I thought they were a little more expensive than the apex wheels.
I've gotten 2 quotes in the 1420 range shipped for new. So honestly, the only interest I'd have in APEX is for another option (always good!) or cheaper/same price.

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I've gotten 2 quotes in the 1420 range shipped for new. So honestly, the only interest I'd have in APEX is for another option (always good!) or cheaper/same price.
FWIW, most of us picked up our 18x10 Apex EC-7's for around $1000 shipped. Retail on the apex wheel is around $350 a wheel shipped so relatively the same. Like you said, another option. I'd assume the apex 11 or 12 in. wheels will be more expensive, but will be cheaper with a group buy.

What gives apex the edge for me is I see tons of apex wheels at track events. I don't see a lot of forgestars. I'm sure they are just as good, but I know the apex wheels won't have issues. The other reason is how apex went above and beyond for me when I purchased my last set of wheels. I know they had some employee turnover, but I'll stick with them until they give me a reason not to. I may still get a set of forgestars to try out though. It's nice to have options that aren't $3-4k. :headbang:

OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
FWIW, most of us picked up our 18x10 Apex EC-7's for around $1000 shipped. Retail on the apex wheel is around $350 a wheel shipped so relatively the same. Like you said, another option. I'd assume the apex 11 or 12 in. wheels will be more expensive, but will be cheaper with a group buy.

What gives apex the edge for me is I see tons of apex wheels at track events. I don't see a lot of forgestars. I'm sure they are just as good, but I know the apex wheels won't have issues. The other reason is how apex went above and beyond for me when I purchased my last set of wheels. I know they had some employee turnover, but I'll stick with them until they give me a reason not to. I may still get a set of forgestars to try out though. It's nice to have options that aren't $3-4k. :headbang:
Agreed, they're popular with BMW crowd for sure. The forgestars have been put to the test too, lots of mustang folks have them on track cars, and autocross cars. I've been daily driving mine too ;)

Currently, Forgestar has the market cornered, look great, low weight, and priced well. Adding Apex would be a good addition, but too many spokes for my taste. I hate cleaning anything but plain 5 spoke wheels!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Took the survey and submitted my info!

Thanks for sharing this.

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've seen Forgestar's fail where the center lugs are. Right smack in the middle of the wheel and literally just fly off the car.

I haven't seen an EC-7 do that.

Lightweight does not = high strength and quality manufacturing.

I come from a track focused e46 M3 and never had any issues plowing through curbing with EC-7.

I hope APEX comes through for us!
Sponsored