SCCA CAM-C Thread

jamieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
properly offset wheels and about 1" of fender spacing/pulling. although i just picked up some offset struts, so i'll be getting ~10mm/corner inboard back.
You still look like you're sticking out an inch in your profile pic, and those great pics above. Looks like you'd slice them in half if you hit a bump or take a corner fast. What am I missing?
Sponsored

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
You still look like you're sticking out an inch in your profile pic, and those great pics above. Looks like you'd slice them in half if you hit a bump or take a corner fast. What am I missing?
perspective. they aren't sticking out an inch, and the fenders are rolled, so there's nothing to "slice" them with :)
there is slight rub at full compression, but i only had that happen once on 700lbs springs. i'm on 800lbs now, doesn't rub anymore.
this isn't a bolt on and go setup; there is work involved. i don't recommend it for somebody that doesn't need maximum racing performance.

Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have that event on my calendar as well. I havent ran any CAM-C events since it all started a couple years ago. I'm sure my car is no where near competitive but should be a good time.

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
that's the thing about CAM events - the range of both driver and car prep varies so widely, and enough people always show up that you're bound to match up well with a few other competitors regardless. and good times are always to be had! :D

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
in a nutshell:
1.) rubber be gone. everywhere. no longer limited to bushing rules, taking full advantage. spherical all the things!
2.) weight be gone. conservative estimate is -125lbs (seats, hitch, driveshaft, springs, clutch/flywheel, various IRS links), even with previous ESP work (battery, wheels, rotors, diff carriage); most likely more. sub-3300lbs is the ultimate goal (with front SLA), but low-34xx works for now.
3.) grip: enhance. 13" w/ 335 square easy now.
4.) real downforce. thank you, GT350R!
4.) power: double. okay, not this season. but.. i intend to prove that 750+ whp on street tires for autox is usable (and necessary). 1000whp for the DD.. lunched the engine and made it capable after the rebuild, so why not?! :)

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm joining the CAMtard party too although, my budget isn't all that awesome so my setup will have to come in spurts.

- I have upgraded my front springs and camber plates already
- I have on the way upgrades for my rear shock mounts and swaybar brackets and that was for STP but it will do for CAM as well
- I ordered a subframe lockout kit, spherical control arm and knuckle to toe rod bushings, as well as spherical vertical links

- in the garage I kept my lighter, but not STP legal, Baer two-piece front rotors so those go back on
- diff bushing inserts go back in
- I haven't ordered wheels or tires yet so stuck with last years for a little while

Not looking forward to tearing my car apart again but hey, must go faster :eek:/

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
gonna be a fun season, steve, especially with [MENTION=14173]Conedodger[/MENTION]/pilar (and maybe ryan - x2?) joining the party out west :)

i definitely see some car swapping happening at TnTs this year - should be interesting how the changes we make do/do not work for us, and nothing beats throwing another capable driver behind the wheel to test assumptions :D

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
gonna be a fun season, steve, especially with [MENTION=14173]Conedodger[/MENTION]/pilar (and maybe ryan - x2?) joining the party out west :)

i definitely see some car swapping happening at TnTs this year - should be interesting how the changes we make do/do not work for us, and nothing beats throwing another capable driver behind the wheel to test assumptions :D
I agree, it will be fun and I really appreciate all the info and things you've passed along and helped me with both online and in person! Condodger and Pilar have been awesome to be around too!

Yeah sure, local event swapping runs sounds good. I may actually do the OR Region season this year since unfortunately, EESCC lost a site and their schedule is suffering for it. So, I could be around the same local events as you more often this year.

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
I agree, it will be fun and I really appreciate all the info and things you've passed along and helped me with both online and in person! Condodger and Pilar have been awesome to be around too!

Yeah sure, local event swapping runs sounds good. I may actually do the OR Region season this year since unfortunately, EESCC lost a site and their schedule is suffering for it. So, I could be around the same local events as you more often this year.
:headbang:
i'll never forget the lincoln kindness when rock bottom was present for me. autox peeps ftw :cheers:

don't count out BCA - with the model they're planning to implement as a new club, i'll probably be spending more time @ dallesport than packwood this season (lots of seat time & limited entries vs. outright competition). fingers crossed that the weather cooperates in april there ahead of crows - see ya then?

cwh19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I am on the east coast (Pittsburgh) and dabble in CAMC.

I don't make many events, but try to hit 4-5 each year. I love it.
Sponsored