Sponsored

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
This is great!
Question, I was planning on doing the oil change at 500 miles, is it okay to wait at 1k? I will get to that mileage pretty quick because its my daily :)

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
This is great!
Question, I was planning on doing the oil change at 500 miles, is it okay to wait at 1k? I will get to that mileage pretty quick because its my daily :)
Don't worry about doing it at 1K, Ford tells you to do it at 10K, so no worries there. I'll be doing mine at 750 miles.

OP great write up and thanks.:thumbsup:

SgtMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 DIB Track Pack, 03 Whipple Cobra (sold)
Great write up OP, waiting on my oil/filter to come in from white bear lake this week. Doing mine at ~550 miles. Perfect timing and good tips. Do you know what size torx bit it is to get the door off?

Sponsored

R1Jester

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r1jester.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'll second the fact that the oil comes out FAST. Be ready with a decent sized pan and anticipate that it will arc about 7-8 inches from the back of the pan.

OP
OP
kairojya

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Great write up OP, waiting on my oil/filter to come in from white bear lake this week. Doing mine at ~550 miles. Perfect timing and good tips. Do you know what size torx bit it is to get the door off?
I can double-check tonight but I believe I saw someone mention before it was T6. I'll confirm this evening.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I wish I had this prior to the oil change I did. All of the previous posts helped greatly, but to have a single, detailed post like this is great!

For what it's worth, just ordered a few oil filters from Rock, along with a replacement air filter (cheapest I've found for both), and noticed they listed WIX 51083 oil filter as an option. Went to the WIX website and it's listed there too. I'm sticking with OEM, but seems that there is now is at least one aftermarket option for those so inclined.

Once again, great job on the detailed post!

TexanZSG21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I'm at 960 miles now myself, definitely need to get this done in the next week or so...great pictures by the way! Any issues with jacking the other side of the car while one side sits on the jackstands? I guess I'd be worried about the jackstands shooting out or sliding away as I'm jacking up the other side for some reason.

OP
OP
kairojya

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm at 960 miles now myself, definitely need to get this done in the next week or so...great pictures by the way! Any issues with jacking the other side of the car while one side sits on the jackstands? I guess I'd be worried about the jackstands shooting out or sliding away as I'm jacking up the other side for some reason.
I was worried about that as well. I just lifted the other side slowly and kept an eye on it. A couple of members said they lift in stages with the jack rails so that's what I tried. I lifted the first side and put it on stands in a low position. Then I lifted the other side slowly and put it on stands in a higher position. Then back to the original side to lift it slowly and increase the stand height to match the other side.

When I lowered the car I just lowered one side completely (slowly while watching the other stands to see if they'd move). Then I went around and lowered the other side completely. I never saw the car move or seem unstable - despite how sketchy it appears having the stands so central with the Steeda jack rails.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Use ramps if you think jackstands are not stable.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I always make sure that the floor jack is lined up so that the wheels can roll as easily as possible to prevent the car from being pushed forward or back on the jack stands. If jacking from the side this means that the jack is perpendicular to the length of the car.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think 960 miles might be a bit too early to change. I would drive till at least 2000 miles making sure everything is worn in so you don't contaminate new oil with fresh metal shavings.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Thanks for the great write up. Even though I don't plan on doing my own oil changes it is still good to know this stuff.

That being said, I did pick up an oil filter wrench to make sure it is tight between oil changes. I saw the part number here somewhere now I can't find it. I picked up NAPA part number 77-3151. Can anybody confirm if that is the right one?

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Super deal on 5-80 ft-lb 3/8" torque wrench!!!

I've been shopping around awhile for a 0-100 3/8" drive torque wrench, and the need to change the oil in my GT 350 finally got me moving. Both SnapOn and Matco have versions priced a little over $300 with local discounts, but that was more than I wanted to spend.

The next best choice was Craftsman, but I wasn't sure I wanted to buy a torque wrench that only had a 1-year warranty ... until today. The Craftsman 3/8" Drive Digi-Click 5-80 ft.-lb. Torque Wrench is on sale online for $55.99, a savings of 53 percent from the normal price. (All of Sears other torque wrenches are on sale too, but only about $10 off.) I just drove to the local Sears and they honored the online price, even though the sale sticker on the shelf said $109.99; regular price is $119.99.

It's long and heavy (4.5 lbs.), but it will do the job. I don't know how long it will be on sale, so move fast if you want one. The Item No. is 00913918000P. Info: http://www.sears.com/craftsman-3-8-in-dr-digi-click-torque-wrench/p-00913918000P?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6. The only other choice at Sears seems to be the Craftsman Micro-Clicker Torque Wrench 3/8" Drive 10-75 ft. lb. at $72.09 (Item No. 00931424000P: http://www.sears.com/craftsman-micro-clicker-torque-wrench-3-8inch-drive/p-00931424000P?prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7), but the digital one has a more appropriate range and reads in in-lbs.
Sponsored