Sponsored

The Big Fat Track Car Cooling Thread

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Has anyone installed an aftermarket oil-air oil cooler on a GT? Everyone seems to be making them only for the ecoboost, but the GT could definitely benefit from one as well. I'm curious exactly why the Mishimoto one for the ecoboost couldn't work on the GT. It seems like the mounting location would be about the same...

[MENTION=9961]Mishimoto[/MENTION], is there any reason why this wouldn't work for the GT?
Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Can you explain this please

Thank you
Someone else jump on here as well if I'm wrong..but I was told the "oil cooler" is just a tube that runs off the oil filter out to another tube connected to the radiator and the coolant passes by and cools the oil and then the oil returns back to the oil filter. But the issue is once the car is up to temp 240-260 range so is the oil so its not cooling anymore its heat soaking it?

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Has anyone installed an aftermarket oil-air oil cooler on a GT? Everyone seems to be making them only for the ecoboost, but the GT could definitely benefit from one as well. I'm curious exactly why the Mishimoto one for the ecoboost couldn't work on the GT. It seems like the mounting location would be about the same...
[MENTION=9961]Mishimoto[/MENTION], is there any reason why this wouldn't work for the GT?
Unfortunately the ecoboost oil cooler will not work on the GT. However, we are developing a direct-fit oil cooler solution for the GT as we speak. Check out our R&D thread HERE!

-Sara

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Someone else jump on here as well if I'm wrong..but I was told the "oil cooler" is just a tube that runs off the oil filter out to another tube connected to the radiator and the coolant passes by and cools the oil and then the oil returns back to the oil filter. But the issue is once the car is up to temp 240-260 range so is the oil so its not cooling anymore its heat soaking it?
That's correct

It doesn't do shit

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
I'd have been more into the scoop if it looked like it was thermoconductive...they painted it..?

Can anyone inform whether there is clearance above the differential housing, between the floor of the car and the housing? Hopefully there are at least some substantial gaps..?

tia anyone who can answer this..

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
There's very little room around the filter.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
So I've been playing with my ngauge a little finally. Most all of the sensors read the same from the dash to the ngauge. However, engine coolant temperature(ECT) reads roughly 10 degrees cooler than the cylinder head temp readout on the dash. I wonder if there are 2 sensors or if there is some kind of compensation happening for the cylinder head temp... or?

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
So I've been playing with my ngauge a little finally. Most all of the sensors read the same from the dash to the ngauge. However, engine coolant temperature(ECT) reads roughly 10 degrees cooler than the cylinder head temp readout on the dash. I wonder if there are 2 sensors or if there is some kind of compensation happening for the cylinder head temp... or?
I thought I had read that one of the two values is interpreted from the other. I could be wrong though.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I saw someone talking about that in regard to oil temp on the 11-14 mustang and were guessing the 15+ did the same, but have not seen anything on engine coolant. Have a link possibly?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I saw someone talking about that in regard to oil temp on the 11-14 mustang and were guessing the 15+ did the same, but have not seen anything on engine coolant. Have a link possibly?
Looks like I may have been mixing that up w/the oil temp being inferred. :(

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
Might one hope that the 'track key' or Ford Racing tune would turn on the fans sooner, and aim to keep a slightly lower operating temperature?
Sponsored