GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
It's just a hassle to be honest, moving away from e85 was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Power isn't everything :)
WHAT? Are you saying that with a straight face? You are talking to someone who bought this car because - for to have - in pursuit of - GIMMIE - some POWER!

Nevertheless, good points about e85 Anthony and Brent. I was assured that reliability would not be an issue, but I looked for an e85 pump near Laguna/Sears/T-Hill and its a goose egg.... I would have to tote a full load of gas for 2 days in a row..

Maybe I will just try e85 for single day events until the novelty wears off / realize its not worth the work... 100 octane is easily available if I want to try to break personal bests :)
Sponsored

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Hey folks with the 2016s and are trying to find a way to read diff temps. I got clarification from lund about the ngauge:
"The sensor reading on the diff is a DMR, rather than a generic PID which is what the nGauge reads and displays. We haven't yet released nGauge firmware that reads that DMR file, but it will be available in the future for you to download and update with. Cars with trans temp sensors have a TOT reading which can be displayed on the nGauge."

Maybe if enough folks pester them about the diff temp sensor they will make the update in the software sooner than later....
Let me know how to pester, glad to 'help' :D

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Is there way to keep the fans on with the engine off while sitting around in grid/paddock? Might be worth doing if you can't currently.
That works well for the AutoX, but the easiest thing to do at the track is just drive around after you pull off track to cool everything down. I was driving out of RPM turning right, and then right again, and driving the 2-3 miles up the road to the stop sign and then back. I found this to work alot better since stationary there is no fluid flow obviously. Would work great if we had EWP's though!. I mainly do it for the brakes though.

Last edited:

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
I learned the hard way, there's a reason why Miatas and S2k can go faster around a track than a Mustang or Corvette.

You can shave much more off of your times with more practice over more power.

I run 91 with a 1/4 tank of 100 octane and that's it.

Nice and simple.

WHAT? Are you saying that with a straight face? You are talking to someone who bought this car because - for to have - in pursuit of - GIMMIE - some POWER!

Nevertheless, good points about e85 Anthony and Brent. I was assured that reliability would not be an issue, but I looked for an e85 pump near Laguna/Sears/T-Hill and its a goose egg.... I would have to tote a full load of gas for 2 days in a row..

Maybe I will just try e85 for single day events until the novelty wears off / realize its not worth the work... 100 octane is easily available if I want to try to break personal bests :)

Sponsored

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, but power is fun!!!!! At least, for me.. I'm still in the honeymoon period with the car. I probably will drop back to 100 after the experience wears off a bit...:D

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Has anyone actually overheated the coolant or oil on track yet? I have been out on 90° days and havent been able to get this thing to cook.

The trans and diff are a different story. I have no way to check temp on those.
I did on my stock Ecoboost PP, oil cooler and bigger rad solved those issues.

Rear diff was definitely over heated

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone actually overheated the coolant or oil on track yet? I have been out on 90° days and havent been able to get this thing to cook.

I havent had close to any issues with coolant, but I havent been out in wet heat or in temperatures greater than 75 degrees and cool breeze :)

Oil temps have run up against the edge of the green zone.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

Im not going to let my car overheat, but I get about 2-3 laps of hard driving in 80 degree weather before I'm at 232+ on coolant and the very edge of "normal" for oil temp.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I am the same, only problem is, what temperature is the top end of the green?
38-60° C (100-140° F) (low)
61-137° C (141-279° F) (normal)
138-146° C (280-295° F) (warm)
147-160° C (296-320° F) (hot)

Sponsored

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Im a noob, but I'm not terribly impressed... (EDIT: re: the scoop)
I'll send pix of my theoretical solution should it materialize..

EDIT: Mock-up for soliciting comments

wiremesh.png

Last edited:

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So has we all know it's very easy to over heat that car on track. And then the oil cooler becomes and oil heater. Are there benefits to disconnecting the factory oil cooler?

thatonenozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT PP
Has anyone installed an aftermarket oil-air oil cooler on a GT? Everyone seems to be making them only for the ecoboost, but the GT could definitely benefit from one as well. I'm curious exactly why the Mishimoto one for the ecoboost couldn't work on the GT. It seems like the mounting location would be about the same...
Sponsored