Sponsored

Brake cooling duct project has begun

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Before I even picked up my 2015 Mustang I was researching front brake duct cooling kits. The only ones I have found remove the driving lights and use those holes as the air inlets. While that is cool and will work great, I didn't want to loose the factory driving lights which brings be to where I am.

I know the PP has air directed to the rear of the rotors for cooling, but I am sure the effectiveness of that set up is mediocre at best. So for the next 2 weeks or so I am making the brake cooling set up and will post it here.

If you are interested, I also have a project "Slick Ripper" in the projects section showing other work I'm doing. But for you twisty guys I knew you would like this here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Started by getting my calipers powdercoated and the Brembo logo Painted on. Got it done at my work so cost was free (yes a perk). Got some construction paper and mocked up a dust shield with port for a 3" hose. That is it for now, more to come soon.
1463063636.brake duct front.jpg
brake duct rear..jpg

Q8_TwinTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
A great personal brake duct DIY project, thanks for sharing.

Can't wait to see the updates.

Good Luck

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
You could just take the Full-Tilt-Boogie kit and route the hoses down to the lower grille face. Their backing plates are very well made. Nice fab work making them your self though, keep us posted.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
A new OEM grill arrived today. This is the base GT grill I believe, the PP lower grill is flat across on the ends and won't work for the design I have in mind. I cut the honeycomb portion out and this will be the inlet for the hose. Next is to take the grill to work and let the sheet metal guys work some magic.

I am a machinist and won't touch sheet metal cause I seriously suck at it. Lucky to work at a place that has many trades at my fingertips.
1463185077.image.jpg
image.jpg

Sponsored

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
Sheetmetal?! Where are your carbon fiber guys at? J/K project looks good, keep us updated!

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Man, if we did carbon fiber here it would be insane. That is probably the one thing that is not done at my work, that and hydrodipping.

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Finally an update. I got the front brake port / dust shields done and ready to install. I don't have the lower front grill in as they are still making the inlet ports and I needed my car this weekend.
image.jpg