BG Syncro Shift II from Optimum Performance

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
What about those of us with an auto? Is there a specific bg product that will improve auto performance over the stock fill?
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I just installed the MGW Racespec shifter in my car yesterday and i still have a touch of notchiness while shifting 1-2 shifts and engaging from neurtal to 1st. I just ordered this kit in hopes it eliminates the rest of the notchy feeling.

I had to do the same things to my 5th gen Camaro. MGW shifter, change out trans oil to Redline full synthetic trans oil, put a SS braided clutch line and it totally eliminated the notchy shifting.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I have tried RP, Amsoil and now trying BG.
I m running RP since last summer, temps varying from -20 upto 90+ degrees and its amazing compared to the stock fluid. I probably have 10,000 miles already on this fluid. What is it that you didnt like about the RP?

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Just so everyone knows, there is NO fluid that meets the Ford spec factory fill. The BG Synchro Shift might be recommended from whoever, but that does not mean that it meets Ford factory fill spec. If you have a warranty claim it won't matter whether you have RP, Amsoil, or BG.

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
I m running RP since last summer, temps varying from -20 upto 90+ degrees and its amazing compared to the stock fluid. I probably have 10,000 miles already on this fluid. What is it that you didnt like about the RP?
i tried RP in my 2011 and it didn't feel much different from my stock fill in that car so i only left it in about 60 miles. I also tried Red line MTL, MT85, MT90, and then Amsoil. Amsoil felt the best in all temps. i will say for me MT90 made it feel worst and harder to shift. but by the time i was going to MT85 and MT90 it was getting cooler again. (around 50 -60) then went to amsoil.

Sponsored

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
Just so everyone knows, there is NO fluid that meets the Ford spec factory fill. The BG Synchro Shift might be recommended from whoever, but that does not mean that it meets Ford factory fill spec. If you have a warranty claim it won't matter whether you have RP, Amsoil, or BG.
true

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I've brought my GT to the local Ford dealer and the service manager drove my car and agreed my car is notchy when shifting and contacted Ford service and had a Ford engineer get back to him. They have no intention of doing anything about my car. They won't even send an engineer to look at my car. So i am forced to find out solutions to fix the noticiness to the shifting in my car. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

This is true but BG recommends it for this transmission and as far as I know RP is the only other non Ford fluid that recommends their oil for this application.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Was just trying to get the 1st to 2nd shift looser feeling when cold. Amsoil quieted the transmission but feels the same 1st to 2nd when cold.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hey guys, I think you may have taken my comment the wrong way. I wasn't advising not to change the fluid in your trans. I just saw a few people commenting on Amsoil not recomminding their fluid and that's the reason for choosing the BG Synchro Shift because they do recommend their fluid. Point is none of these fluids meet ford spec, so just because one manufacturer recommends their product, it doesn't mean that Ford would be ok with you running that fluid. I highly doubt Ford is going to analyze fluid on a warranty claim, but if they do, ANY fluid other than the factory fill would cause problems.

I've got 3 quarts of Amsoil Synchromesh in the garage right now waiting to go into my MT82 that has 450 miles on it:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I think you may have taken my comment the wrong way. I wasn't advising not to change the fluid in your trans. I just saw a few people commenting on Amsoil not recomminding their fluid and that's the reason for choosing the BG Synchro Shift because they do recommend their fluid. Point is none of these fluids meet ford spec, so just because one manufacturer recommends their product, it doesn't mean that Ford would be ok with you running that fluid. I highly doubt Ford is going to analyze fluid on a warranty claim, but if they do, ANY fluid other than the factory fill would cause problems.

I've got 3 quarts of Amsoil Synchromesh in the garage right now waiting to go into my MT82 that has 450 miles on it:thumbsup:

Oh I knew what you were saying and you are absolutely correct. Ford will not cover warranty issues with any other fluid that's for sure.

What I'm saying is if a manufacturer says we do not recommend using our product and do not use our product I don't want to use it lol.

RP and BG apparently do in fact recommend their oil and I think either is going to smooth out the shifts better than Ford oil. I went with BG due to recommendations I received and I can tell you it's great.

Jaime

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
subd. =)

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Threw this in today and very happy with it. Shifts are more smooth and free flowing than before. Very happy with it.

I will say, for those that haven't changed their read diff fluid, HOLY CRAP. Black, crusty and metallic.