Sponsored

2015 GTPP supercharger build

Ngordon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, whipplecharged, 132 TB, Manual
I am new to the Ford Mustang GT owners group. I gained a lot of valuable insight here on this forum when I had made up my mind to buy a new mustang GT last year. I bought a Ford Racing Touring cat back last November, ordered my black GT PP in December and a Whipple Supercharger kit in January. Got the car home in March, put a few miles on it and then went to work. Put on the exhaust, took about 45 minutes. Installed the Whipple kit over the next couple of days, very simple and fun to install, except for the sound tube removal from the firewall, tight fit. I started with the stock throttle body because not knowing anything about throttle bodies, I thought a larger one would hurt low end response. I later changed to the 132 and I can say it uns as stock when just driving around. I had one issue with my belt making a strange noise that I thought was a bearing, and after speaking with a tech, we decided to turn the belt around and the noise was gone completely. I also just changed out to the enclosed air box. The people who I have dealt with at Whipple have all been very helpful. After some 5000 miles, I can say that this is a very reliable and fun car to drive, and of course fast. Thanks to all on this forum who have helped me to make some good decisions.
Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Welcome to the Whipple family!
I love mine!

OP
OP

Ngordon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New cars are very different, a bit scary to take apart a brand new car, but it was really worth it and thank you!!

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Awesome. Post up some pictures!

OP
OP

Ngordon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think Ihave a few pics from assembly somewhere in my computer, but cant move for the next two weeks, then I will get to them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ngordon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has been quite a while since I have posted anything, here are the pictures from the install and the finished product. I originally had an open air box but have since then gotten the closed air box. I have since added an MGW shifter and an Exedy clutch, a rear spoiler and a few other goodies.None of these items were too hard to install, makes it easier if you have a lift for sure. I will be adding a couple of other items very soon at which time I will get some pictures from under the lift.
IMG_0117.jpg
IMG_0654.jpg
IMG_0587.jpg

OP
OP

Ngordon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. I will try to put together a video, maybe next week when I get it back on the lift. I will put in the rest of the details.