Sponsored

Military AutoSource Lottery Winners

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I just redeployed, or I'd have jumped on this thread earlier...

I know I was in the first round of winners, and I think I may have been the first person to put their order in; I did mine the same day I got the email from my rep. I had a '15 GT on order since December last year and got to be friendly with him so things were always smooth dealing with MAS. I swapped the money I had down on my GT to the GT 350, and put an extra payment down before I left, so I am over halfway paid off already.

I chose a tech pack in Magnetic with the blue racing stripes and a cover, from the quote, it was $55,441, or almost $2k under MSRP with no GG tax.

The addendum I signed said that there were no guaranteed delivery dates before July 31st 2016, but he said that they would do their best to get me the earliest date possible. I got a factory order number the same week I got the buyer's offer, and right now I'm sitting on a mid-March delivery.
I did similar while I was deployed.I contacted the rep as soon as I arrived in theater that I wanted a GT350 but little detail was known about pricing.
I ordered a premium/auto/Recaro car in DIB with the plan to switch when the pricing was out on the GT350.

Unfortunately when I was leaving at the end of May some details were known about the car but no pricing.

The GT was already delivered to a dealer state side(I guess I should have scheduled delivery for later) so I decided to keep it.

I have since slapped on a Hellion TT and it is getting an alluminator short block as we speak(that is another story) but I sometimes wish I had waited to see if I would be selected in the lottery.

I keep telling myself since I am a boost/drag strip junkie it probably was not the car for me,but every time I see the videos or hear it I wonder.:headbonk:
My GT was only $37K and with the Hellion(10K) I am at $47k ,almost the cost of stripper although I doubt those are available to order.

I am hoping when next I am deployed the GT 500 will be available-Now that one I WILL not pass up.
Sponsored

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
What was your minimum down payment for the GT350 via MAS? I am being told $2500, not an issue but I have never bought a car with a required minimum down payment before. Or, I have never paid attention?

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I had to put down $3000 as soon as I was selected for it. Some people backed out because they were not prepared for that. I saved and prepared for this purchase. I will put a load more cash down on it when I return from being out to sea and I plan to sell my 05 Saleen Cheap and pay for the car in full. The full amount has to be paid off 30 days before it delivers.

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
Down Payment

What was your minimum down payment for the GT350 via MAS? I am being told $2500, not an issue but I have never bought a car with a required minimum down payment before. Or, I have never paid attention?
That is correct Chief, I was required to put down exactly that amount. At the moment you pick up the car at the dealership of your choice, you are expected to finalize the payment with MAS and take delivery. Then you register it and pay your taxes accordingly. This is my first time buying trough them, so I shall see how smooth it is.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That is correct Chief, I was required to put down exactly that amount. At the moment you pick up the car at the dealership of your choice, you are expected to finalize the payment with MAS and take delivery. Then you register it and pay your taxes accordingly. This is my first time buying trough them, so I shall see how smooth it is.
According to my Order acceptance, You have around 30 days before delivery to pay the balance. My Requested delivery date on the Order acceptance email is 1 Jan 2016, In the Summary of transaction it states that the balance is due 11 Dec 2015. I am having mine delivered overseas, Stateside delivery might be a little different.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The 30 days is not set in stone. My car is due for delivery next week and I just submitted final payment yesterday. My MAS rep in NY was behind the 8-ball when it came to knowing where my car was in production and delivery...I basically took everything Deysha said and forwarded to MAS as they were clueless.

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
That makes sense. I put $500 down on a regular GT, now I see why they asked for $2500 more.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I put $3k nonrefundable down on the car. I gonna pay off my wife's truck and start making payments on the Shelby before delivery.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Blue Stripes Tech ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I wish they would have released them in 2015 vs. '16. That would've given me an extra year in Okinawa to save up for one. As it was I only saved 14K for my GT. But in the end, I'm happy with what I got. Maybe one day I'll buy a used 350.

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
Did you guys purchase the $2196 military warranty? I have not read into the details of this warranty and want to make sure it is actually worth having. Also my MAS base price was $46,600 and then they gave me $500 off of that. Is that similar to what you all paid? I do not see the Gas Guzzler tax anywhere on my quote, so does that mean they are not charging me?

Thanks

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Did you guys purchase the $2196 military warranty? I have not read into the details of this warranty and want to make sure it is actually worth having. Also my MAS base price was $46,600 and then they gave me $500 off of that. Is that similar to what you all paid? I do not see the Gas Guzzler tax anywhere on my quote, so does that mean they are not charging me?

Thanks
Wow! On that price.
Could you order a base/stripper car.?
That is only $3-4000 more than the premium car I got .
Now I am really kicking my self .lol

F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
The base price is $46,600 but I added the Track Package for $6,337.50. I do not think anyone was charged the GG tax, but whether or not we have to pay that is up for debate. I believe someone here said that we are exempt since that is federal tax when buying through a dealership state side. Or at least that's what I understood. I really hope we don't have to pay it as I am pretty much maxed out already.

I have put money aside for maintenance and other expenses but any more than that and I will exceed my budget and have to pass this car on to someone else.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Thanks
I didn't purchase the warranty simply because there are better deal there. Read all the fine print. Plus keep in mind the sales people at MAS make a lot more money in commission by selling you the warranty and undercoating services so they will tout them as the greatest things ever.

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I ordered the tech package with mine and it listed out at 56,118.00 through MAS. I also got the stripes, black roof and car cover as part of the deal. I didn't order the extra warranty. I would never be able to take advantage of it. The car will sit several months while I finish my tour overseas and then it will not be my daily driver so the miles will never reach levels where the extra warranty would help. I am ordering a 2016 Ford Fiesta ST as my daily driver.

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
Received my order acceptance form yesterday. I am going to pass on the warranty.
Couple questions:
The GT350 comes with a 60 mo power train warranty correct?
What is illuminated entry?
Does the door sill wording illuminate?

Thanks!
Sponsored