Sponsored

Military AutoSource Lottery Winners

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
They should've given MAS way more than 29 spots out of 5500 or so being built for the people serving our country and defending our opportunity to even buy this car. More like 100

:usa:
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe if the dealers asking ADM don't sell them fast enough, ford will give more allocations to those who do including MAS.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Blue Stripes Tech ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
My experience was similar and I ordered a Tech Package GT350 in Avalanche with black roof and black stripes. I cost me just a little more than 56K, not GG tax + 1916.00 below MSRP. I will be making a special trip back to the US to take delivery and store the car in my garage at home until I finish my overseas tour. MAS gets allocations for every special model from ford so they will eventually get some Focus RS allocations. Congrats to the other 28 lottery winners. How many others were selected from Japan?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
With all the mods required for Japan on new cars; I wouldn't take it there too.

deathmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I just redeployed, or I'd have jumped on this thread earlier...

I know I was in the first round of winners, and I think I may have been the first person to put their order in; I did mine the same day I got the email from my rep. I had a '15 GT on order since December last year and got to be friendly with him so things were always smooth dealing with MAS. I swapped the money I had down on my GT to the GT 350, and put an extra payment down before I left, so I am over halfway paid off already.

I chose a tech pack in Magnetic with the blue racing stripes and a cover, from the quote, it was $55,441, or almost $2k under MSRP with no GG tax.

The addendum I signed said that there were no guaranteed delivery dates before July 31st 2016, but he said that they would do their best to get me the earliest date possible. I got a factory order number the same week I got the buyer's offer, and right now I'm sitting on a mid-March delivery.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The delivery date thing is from FORD. I ordered a '16 GT from MAS and they said guaranteed delivery by Oct 15th however my car will be here around Sept 18th. Congrats on winning the lotto, I definitely would have entered it if I did not intend to buy a house at my new assignment.

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
There are no very difficult mods to bring the cars to Japan. You have to get an import waiver, the car has to pas a one time emissions test, have turn signal mirrors and amber turn signals in the rear instead of red. I have brought my 2005 Saleen to Japan twice but the GT350 is going home more so because of timing. I will be returning to the US months after the car is delivered.

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
I was just notified today that I won a GT350 through MAS! I was not a winner in the original drawing. My salesman has been on the phone and emailing their NY office trying to see how many cars will became available after the original drawing. I guess there were 2 and I got one! I have to go in tomorrow and start the purchase process so I will update after.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There are no very difficult mods to bring the cars to Japan. You have to get an import waiver, the car has to pas a one time emissions test, have turn signal mirrors and amber turn signals in the rear instead of red. I have brought my 2005 Saleen to Japan twice but the GT350 is going home more so because of timing. I will be returning to the US months after the car is delivered.

Maybe things have changed since I was stationed there. I decided not to bring my 1999 f150 in 2001 because I was told that they would need to do $3000 worth of mods to the truck. Mainly safety glass and emissions. I was told only "classic" cars could avoid this. I was also told that if I took it back to the US then I would have to reverse the mods for another $3000.

I confirmed that $3000 when I almost bought a US corvette that someone brought over and the on base inspector informed of the needed changes.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I was just notified today that I won a GT350 through MAS! I was not a winner in the original drawing. My salesman has been on the phone and emailing their NY office trying to see how many cars will became available after the original drawing. I guess there were 2 and I got one! I have to go in tomorrow and start the purchase process so I will update after.
:cheers: Congrats, I didn't win one until the second round lottery

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! Are they letting you make changes or are you stuck with options someone had ordered?

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
I will find out tomorrow, but from the phone converstation it seems like it will be a clean slate. I am thinking DIB with black stripes and Track Pack?

Brutane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350,14 Silverado, 14 suburban, 77 bandit T/A
Guess E4s are making a lot more than when I retired last year LOL.
No doubt. I spent 6 1/2 yrs in the corps. Never could afford this. I mean neve

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
I hear you. I have been in 16 years and have some money socked away. This is my promotion present!
Sponsored