2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
bunch 'o new parts on. gotta get it all settled in to make sure I didn't screw anything up, then it's track time!
Lookin good!
Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
What did you set the konis at? How do you like them? Also did you end up needing a spacer for the front?

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Looks bad ass brotha! Love the tread on those tires. Anymore pics of them? You said the widest is 285 right? :(
Yep, Bridgestone RE-71R's in 285 width at all corners. These are the baddest 200TW tires at the moment...
image.jpg

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
What did you set the konis at? How do you like them? Also did you end up needing a spacer for the front?
I started pretty damn stiff at 2 full turns out, since I have the stiff BMR Handling version springs and stiffer sways too. May need to back off a bit, but I'm going to let everything settle a bit and break in first.

I didn't need spacers, as I'm running Steeda camber plates and clearanced strut towers at full negative camber. Rough measurements show about -4 degrees, which was exactly my target. So this pulls the wide part of the strut inward compared to yours. At a street friendly 1-2 camber, I probably would need small spacers...

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet! I'm hoping to get camber plates later. Couldn't do it at time and didn't want to wait to lower car haha. So does car handle better having the negative camber how you set it? In still learning about that. I set my koni 1.5 from full stiff maybe I'll try softer settings to see how they handle. Those 285s looks pretty darn flush. I really like those tires. Can't wait to see your car again and some new numbers!

Sponsored

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Alright fellas, time to get back in the saddle!

For those of you that can make it this Thurs 8/18, it's another Track Night at the T-Hill 2mi. Most of you already know how much I love this event, because you get so much quality track time for so little money and time invested. Unfortunately, this month it is booked on the same date as the local Jason Aldean show, so I won't make it... But you guys should: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1983096-track-night-2016-northern-california-august-18. Always some sort of discount to be found to bring it down to $100 even, just ping me if you aren't having any luck. And I've heard they will be running it BACKWARD! i.e. clockwise :eyebulge:

Next up - NCRC track day Fri 8/26 on the 3mi T-Hill track, running with Cyclone :headbang:! Just registered, would love to see some of you guys out there.

http://www.ncracing.org/events.php

FRI AUGUST 26, THUNDERHILL
This day has four Open Track run groups with five 20-25 minute sessions per group. There is no novice Driving School or Race at this event.
3-Mile CCW Cyclone configuration.
Cost: OT:$159

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish they were more on weekends. Hard for me to make it during the week.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Out for those dates but in for this 19th with HOD. Costs a little more but I enjoy it and appreciate the included food/drink. Had a great time last Saturday with NCRC.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I know you guys all hate weekday stuff, but if you've somehow got the ability to get away this Friday, you should come run with NCRC at T-Hill 3mi. They are still showing spots available in all 3 run groups, and Solo looks not full at all.

Will be first track test of the latest round of mods....can't wait! Finally good tires and good suspension - watch out Corvettes!! :ford:

Sponsored

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
I know you guys all hate weekday stuff, but if you've somehow got the ability to get away this Friday, you should come run with NCRC at T-Hill 3mi. They are still showing spots available in all 3 run groups, and Solo looks not full at all.

Will be first track test of the latest round of mods....can't wait! Finally good tires and good suspension - watch out Corvettes!! :ford:
I took Friday off to do my long bike ride for the month, and the trip out to T-Hill and back just doesn't sound appealing with Tahoe the next day. :( Bad timing.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got pmas and Lund flex tune. Would be fun to try it out but for sure can't take work off right now. :(

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I took Friday off to do my long bike ride for the month, and the trip out to T-Hill and back just doesn't sound appealing with Tahoe the next day. :( Bad timing.
Stuart, can't believe you're such a downer on beautiful Marysville, Yuba City, and Colusa, ha! :lol:

OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
So you guys missed out on an awesome day last Friday! Perfect weather, and relatively light turnout meant three rungroups, each getting SIX 25-min sessions :headbang:

Happy to report that my last round of mods worked fantastic out there, most notably;

-RE-71R tires way stickier than stock Pirellis
-BMR springs, sways, chassis stiffening pieces, and Koni shocks have tuned out all of the wallowing of the stock car, now there is no body roll, and movements of the car are tight and controlled
-Grille delete + gutted Roush vents + matched hood openings kept everything underhood nice and cool (IAT, Cyl temp, coolant temp), I'm sure the 170 deg. thermostat helped too, and less hood flutter than stock (max speed 125mph)
-performance alignment (a bit toe-out in front, a bit toe in in rear, and -3/-2 deg camber) and square tire setup (285's) has the handling on point. Stock understeer completely dialed out, and good balance front to rear - unless you're an idiot with the throttle, the car just wants to do a nice 4 wheel drift when approaching the traction limit in corners.

And here's some video;

Got my best laps down to 2:10! (this one was 2:10.55, but I had one at 2:10.44 that my camera missed...)

Watched a couple cars run off track in front of me: ,

Had some fun with an FR-S:

Last edited:
OP
OP
BTM

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Time to revive this thread for the 2017 track season! Looks like the rain craziness is dying down, game on...

Anyone up for T-Hill this weekend?

Just signed for NCRC Sunday event (Cyclone config is more fun....Sat is running Bypass)

http://www.ncracing.org/events.php
Sponsored