Sponsored

Headrest with a helmet

MrMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Base GT
I have a base GT with cloth seats. When wearing a helmet the headrest pushes my head forward too far, it is uncomfortable. The headrest is as far back as it will go.

Has anyone found a good solution to move the headrest further away? I considered turning the headrest backwards but the hook on the back doesn't look very comfortable either.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The bump isn't an issue with a helmet on, but backwards it won't really do its job due to the hinge. That said, I do run mine backwards a lot when running a helmet. Plenty of clearance.

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
I have a base GT with cloth seats. When wearing a helmet the headrest pushes my head forward too far, it is uncomfortable. The headrest is as far back as it will go.

Has anyone found a good solution to move the headrest further away? I considered turning the headrest backwards but the hook on the back doesn't look very comfortable either.
I noticed the same, tough to have your head forced downward when you need to be looking further out to see the turns. Looking fo a solution too.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I've gotten used to it.

OP
OP

MrMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Base GT
At my last event I ended up reclining the seat. I'm going to try reversing the headrest and see which configuration I like best.

A leather helmet isn't an option for me, a Snell sticker is required to pass tech.

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
I've had the same issue. I took the headrest off the seat, it works because I'm short, the base of the back of my helmet rests on the top of the seat.
Sponsored