Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

T101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST, 2014 Taurus SHO, 1998 SVT Contour, 1997 SVT Cobra, 1998 Volvo V70R
This picture isn't very good, but it is definitely at the oil cooler.

Underhood is covered in a fine mist of oil...

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Rob, thanks for coming on here and sharing your misfortune. Awesome of you to share with us. Glad you seemed to have a tiny mist of a leak and not a complete line blowout, hopefully an easy fix.

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
Still no price?

These look different (hose material / construction) than the proto type shown before.
I got notifacation, that the cost will be $475 shipped.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
This picture isn't very good, but it is definitely at the oil cooler.

Underhood is covered in a fine mist of oil...

Thanks for posting, now at least others have something to keep an eye out for. Good thing you caught it when you did. Hope all goes well. Please keep us updated.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
More bullshit. Called local dealer and dealer where I bought my car and both told me they couldn't order the parts, yet there are dealers who have extras they are giving away? This irritates me more than the recall itself. :rant:

Sponsored

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Here's an update.....I got a call from the dealer this afternoon asking what time I would pick up the car on Wednesday as was planned. Its a 7hr drive, so I old him around 1. I just happened to ask to make sure the recall work was completed. He said they are "hoping" to get the part in today.....I was shocked and asked why wasn't I notified last week that part wasn't in? I was told the part was arriving last monday or tuesday. After a few emails back and forth he tells me that Ford has just told them the part is now on backorder and they don't know when it will be in......Meanwhile I have a check from the credit union for 50k I just picked up today, they are expecting me to drop the title for the car off on Thursday. I also have borrowed a truck and trailer to bring the car back on Wednesday. I am supposed to hear back by noon tomorrow as to when the part will be in, but I don't see anything happening this week. I'm just a tad frustrated right now.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I tried to tell everyone that the hoses will not be available until 2nd 1/4. This is pure bs.

Let's say I went to trade my GT350 in at a Ford dealer. Would they sell it or put it on hold until the hoses are replaced.
Hmmmm maybe I should trade it in on a zl1 1le.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
dealer said mine would be ready today...should I hold my breath?
Is your car brand new or did it have signs of oil leaking from the hoses?

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have not tried to get mine fixed, but my brother tried to get his fixed and the dealer is also stringing him along, saying they have to inspect it first and will only replace if they see signs of it failing.

They even said this was explicitly detailed in the recall notice, I have not read anything along those lines

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I have not tried to get mine fixed, but my brother tried to get his fixed and the dealer is also stringing him along, saying they have to inspect it first and will only replace if they see signs of it failing.

They even said this was explicitly detailed in the recall notice, I have not read anything along those lines
Ford is treating their own recall as a TSB. fking stupid.