2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com 15 - Steeda - 6
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
Homepage Wiki MOTM Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Ford Bronco Forum Calendar Garage

Go Back   2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com > 2015+ Ford Mustang Forum > Shelby GT500 Mustang

Shelby GT500 Mustang Discussions of the 2019+ Shelby GT500 Mustang

User Tag List

Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM   #931
Hack

Drives: 2016 GT350
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttime500 View Post
There's plenty of mustang GTs to choose from as well, and like I said with the exception of the 350R can all be had at discount. Honestly looks are subjective to some extent. mustang forum is generally going to say the don't like the Camaro look. And the camaro forum is going to say the opposite. Interior styling is kind of the same deal. I have sat and drove both I really don't think the Camaro is any harder to see out of. I do however love PDR in my vette and really hope Ford adds something like it. Very cool and fun feature to have. Also the recaros in the camaro are much better, provide power and are htd/vented. I personally think you guys are right the Mustang is a better looking car but could use a bit more refinement, I feel they're very close.
Hey - you're a Chevy guy - it's all good. I was just answering your question. If you want someone to blow sunshine up your keister about the Camaro this might not be the first place I would choose to ask.

I didn't say the Camaro was ugly.. I said it looks the same as the last gen from most angles. You can take that to mean it's ugly if you want. Edit: well I did say some features on the car are ugly.. I just think the car doesn't have that new, cool feel when it looks very similar to the cars that have been out on the road for the past few years.

I agree the cars are pretty close. If you love Chevy you can definitely figure out reasons to want to buy a Camaro.
Users thanking this:
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #932
ttime500

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Hey - you're a Chevy guy - it's all good. I was just answering your question. If you want someone to blow sunshine up your keister about the Camaro this might not be the first place I would choose to ask.

I didn't say the Camaro was ugly.. I said it looks the same as the last gen from most angles. You can take that to mean it's ugly if you want. Edit: well I did say some features on the car are ugly.. I just think the car doesn't have that new, cool feel when it looks very similar to the cars that have been out on the road for the past few years.

I agree the cars are pretty close. If you love Chevy you can definitely figure out reasons to want to buy a Camaro.
My point was it seemed your issues with the camaro (besides looks) were very picky issues and without ever driving one seem petty. I would defend the mustang if a camaro guy was saying the same things without sitting or driving one. With that said if two cars are pretty equal performance and fit and finish wise absolutely go with the one that you feel looks better, you'll always be happier. I'm not really a chevy guy, I'd consider myself a car guy. I have no real loyalty to any brand. If Ford builds an awesome SE mustang I'll buy it. I almost bought a'13 shelby gt500 but I decided a wanted a bit more luxury so I went with a CTS-V. Since then I think they brought the S550 to much more complete car, specially the interior. I really hope they do bring out a SE Mustang that is a complete package or at least offers an upgraded interior that competes in the 75-90K range. I do like the idea of a new Cobra code name Predator!!
ttime500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old Today, 02:47 AM   #933
Hi-PO Stang

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500
Smile

I just read the interview in the April issue of Motor Trend,page 32, of what Raj Nair had to say in response to a question about Ford producing a competitor to the ZL1. Nair implied that the 5.2 liter GT350 will have more life in it and will be capable of producing more horsepower. Sounds to me like Ford may be ready to boost the horsepower of the 5.2 liter GT350 engine.
Hi-PO Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:59 AM   #934
9secondko

Drives: 2003 cobra
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-PO Stang View Post
I just read the interview in the April issue of Motor Trend,page 32, of what Raj Nair had to say in response to a question about Ford producing a competitor to the ZL1. Nair implied that the 5.2 liter GT350 will have more life in it and will be capable of producing more horsepower. Sounds to me like Ford may be ready to boost the horsepower of the 5.2 liter GT350 engine.
The Voodoo has been held back quite a bit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it make around 600 horsepower.

And then if they want to do a 350KR with an Ecoboost Voodoo, it would pretty much use the ZL1 as toilet paper.

But if they do that, might as well slap the big dog badge on the thing.

I can't see the 350 beating the zl1- forced induction is going to ensure a big power disparity. If not in horsepower, then definitely in torque. And the disparity will be enough to overcome the weight difference. So while the possibility exist that the 350 may beat the zl1 around the track, it will get whooped in the 1/4 mile and stoplights. Not cool. No way ford thinks the 350 is the zl1s competitor. i rememberhameedi having a laugh at chevy comparing the zl1 to the boss back in the day instead of the 500.

Personally I think nair may have been deflecting. No reason to tip off the comp if they're not ready to announce the dominator just yet.
9secondko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:02 AM   #935
Hack

Drives: 2016 GT350
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttime500 View Post
My point was it seemed your issues with the camaro (besides looks) were very picky issues and without ever driving one seem petty. I would defend the mustang if a camaro guy was saying the same things without sitting or driving one. With that said if two cars are pretty equal performance and fit and finish wise absolutely go with the one that you feel looks better, you'll always be happier. I'm not really a chevy guy, I'd consider myself a car guy. I have no real loyalty to any brand. If Ford builds an awesome SE mustang I'll buy it. I almost bought a'13 shelby gt500 but I decided a wanted a bit more luxury so I went with a CTS-V. Since then I think they brought the S550 to much more complete car, specially the interior. I really hope they do bring out a SE Mustang that is a complete package or at least offers an upgraded interior that competes in the 75-90K range. I do like the idea of a new Cobra code name Predator!!
I watched some of the Motor Trend videos where Randy Pobst wears a helmet cam while driving the car. In the Camaro videos you can barely see the track!

I'm a tall guy so I might be ok in the Camaro. I do wish the Ford seats would lower down a little farther. One thing I really like about the GT350 is the forward visibility, though.

From your post I can tell you and I have very different priorities for a car. I prefer a cheap interior with all the money spent on a cool drive train and chassis. I find it irritating when I have to pay for a nice interior.
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #936
ttime500

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
From your post I can tell you and I have very different priorities for a car. I prefer a cheap interior with all the money spent on a cool drive train and chassis. I find it irritating when I have to pay for a nice interior.
Which is totally fine, many have the same opinion as you and many like me at least want the option. It doesn't all need to be standard but available would be nice, specially at price points over 65-70k. Or in your case option delete.
ttime500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 , gt500 , leak , mustang , shelby