GT350 and resonance

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
okay I think I know! I assume that these videos are after your Bomra Ford performance exhaust, is that correct? if so I think it's the heat shield or rather the band clamp provided for the heat shield installation. I ended up scrapping the band provided in the install kit and used a t bolt clamp to secure the heat shield. That practically eliminated the sound. However, to completely cure that vibration I just removed the clamps and the heat shield. I did run the car through the same range that you did and I have no vibrations or sounds caused by vibrations.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Mine was there new and with zero mods. It hasn't changed with mods.

I added the Borla exhaust, yes. But the heat shields aren't on there yet. No shield clamps, no shields, nothing.

On edit...I have yet to add the shields as I wanted to talk to Borla about them but cut everything short for a trip down south.

Last edited:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Mine was there new and with zero mods. It hasn't changed with mods.

I added the Borla exhaust, yes. Butt the heat shields aren't on there yet. No shield clamps, no shields, nothing.
DAMN! Thought I won the lotto!

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
My car has always vibrated. Need to have the dash removed and see if the left vent can be fixed. I have a napkin shoved in it now to keep it from driving me nuts.

I have noticed between 4K-5K rpms the dash vibrates horribly.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Heheh. Ahh, I'll pin it down. Your line of thinking is definitely sound though.

For reference, yesterday I was installing some caliper studs on MGW's GT350 up on one of their two lifts. At the end of the day one of their employess wanted to install a Roush axle back exhaust on his 2016 Mustang GT. As he was nearing the lift a couple of us heard a slight rattle. We had him pull back and forth as well as turn the wheels. Definitely coming from the front. So we put the car on the other lift and I went underneath. I started with a visual inspection then checked his entire steering system. I then had him start the car. The rattle seemed to be coming from the passenger side cat. Sure enough, the oxygen sensor that threads into the cat was unthreaded almost all the way and ready to fall out. Surprisingly enough, no check engine lights and the owner had purchased the car new. Low miles, clean, and never went off road or hit anything.

Did it vibrate loose? Was it never threaded in all the way at the factory. Dunno. But it was definitely vibrating "looser" as it was. And regular Coyote motors are supposed to be smooth as silk in non-Voodoo form.

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
As a follow-on to the original point of this thread, I had my GT350 out for a drive on Friday afternoon (good weather for a few hours) and while moving, I didn't detect any noises anywhere in mine. There's a vibration in the shifter, but it's minor and if you weren't looking for it you wouldn't notice it.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I notice that my rear view mirror vibrates. I've tried to adjust it but no dice. It could be faulty, who knows

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Because I am very interested in purchasing a gt350 is how I came across this thread. I am not sure if this is related but this is a common issue with the S550's. I have since taken mine in to have this corrected and was fortunate to have must of this issue resolved by having the driveshaft indexed/balanced using a harmonic analyzer.
I will say that I still notice it but not nearly as much as before. And yes my rear view mirror does vibrate around 70 mph and I have a slight vibration around 50 mph and goes away just past that. It was somewhat difficult to diagnose with the Roush axleback exhaust but they still managed.

This video explains a rattle in the dash vibrating around 4k rpms. you can fast forward to about 8.21 mins and he will explain the resonating issue.

[ame]

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I really noticed this today after installing the MGW shifter. I am going to assume my transmission may be out of alignment and I'll take it to a shop if need be to rectify it.

But, man, with my windows up it was plugging my ears as if I was just taking off in an airplane. Very strange feeling. You could 'feel' the movement in the air (as well as feel it on my ass through the seat).

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Was able to go for a ride today - under load, I'm getting a similar resonance (though not as bad) in the 3500 to 4500 RPM range. Seems like it is coming from the area of the center stack.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Was able to go for a ride today - under load, I'm getting a similar resonance (though not as bad) in the 3500 to 4500 RPM range. Seems like it is coming from the area of the center stack.
Stock or with the new shifter?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Still stock

Draughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 RS, '17 Volt
I think I've watched a review recently where they complain about noise and vibrations in the center stack.
Sponsored