Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
After seeing some CAMC Camaro related info on another forum, plus all us over here on the Mustang front has me sensing this class is about to get epic.

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
if you're referring to danny's build, yeah, i welcome the race to the top of the build! especially since strano will no doubt have a lot of hands-on input to the setup, and (i expect) some time at the wheel. gonna be a fun class, without a doubt!!

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yeah that one plus, the factory built "CAM" ZL1 or whatever it is also talked about on the same page.

I should post that those Camaros are looking all pretty and mean on all fours while our Mustangs are up on jack stands spread out across the garage at this time :headbonk:

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Cam C is where it's at IMO. Look forward to seeing your results. I'm running it this year but not on any competitive level, yet. Good luck with all the new suspension parts.

And if it's not too much trouble would you be willing to give us a before and after review of how the car feels on the course?

Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I would love to do the Modball bearings!

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
And if it's not too much trouble would you be willing to give us a before and after review of how the car feels on the course?
non-competition observation #1: no more creaking when i have my car up on all 4s and drop one side! massive rubber bushing pre-load is real on this car; embrace your spherical overlords!

non-competition observation #2: NVH has *decreased*. for real. i know it won't last (bearings wear, even rubber-boot covered, teflon-coated, self-lubricating ones, especially when street driven in harsh conditions), but it's a satisfying observation nonetheless when the status quo for street driven cars is "OMG METALZ, HIDE YO KIDS, HIDE YO WIVES"

actual competition observations on the way soon :)

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
non-competition observation #1: no more creaking when i have my car up on all 4s and drop one side! massive rubber bushing pre-load is real on this car; embrace your spherical overlords!

non-competition observation #2: NVH has *decreased*. for real. i know it won't last (bearings wear, even rubber-boot covered, teflon-coated, self-lubricating ones, especially when street driven in harsh conditions), but it's a satisfying observation nonetheless when the status quo for street driven cars is "OMG METALZ, HIDE YO KIDS, HIDE YO WIVES"

actual competition observations on the way soon :)
How can you hear suspension related NVH over the loud exhaust system you have? :D

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'll be running in CAM this weekend for the first time. Been at least 4 years since I autocrossed last.

OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
How can you hear suspension related NVH over the loud exhaust system you have? :D
if you thought it was loud @ lincoln (with mufflers), you should have heard it in el toro (with resonated pipes) @ WOT over 8k :headbang:
... yeah, wasn't under 100dB on those runs :lol:

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you thought it was loud @ lincoln (with mufflers), you should have heard it in el toro (with resonated pipes) @ WOT over 8k :headbang:
... yeah, wasn't under 100dB on those runs :lol:
That's funny. I'm at the other end of the sound level range. I LIKE stealth mode but if I trade for a 2018 GT PP with automatic and magneride I'll at least consider the new adjustable noise level option.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
For me NVH is up a little but I am coming from a way different baseline. I can tell you that I love the way the rear suspension is buttoned up right now. The car sure feels a lot better coming off corners even with the limited driving I've done since getting it together this weekend.

I do need to tune a few things like figure out why the PP bounce is back when putting around (I think from too soft rear springs combined with shorter, stiffer bump stops and low ride height).

I swear though, the car feels as good now on my Cooper all seasons as it did last year on the stones.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me NVH is up a little but I am coming from a way different baseline. I can tell you that I love the way the rear suspension is buttoned up right now. The car sure feels a lot better coming off corners even with the limited driving I've done since getting it together this weekend.

I do need to tune a few things like figure out why the PP bounce is back when putting around (I think from too soft rear springs combined with shorter, stiffer bump stops and low ride height).

I swear though, the car feels as good now on my Cooper all seasons as it did last year on the stones.
Steve, You probably know this but as an FYI for others who may be staying with the stock springs and ride height Koni shocks eliminated the PP bounce with everything else stock. I'm hoping that the struts and rear shocks on the 18's don't change dimensions from the current cars so that the current Koni's, etc. will fit even though I'm thinking seriously about Magneride because "autocross tuneability" isn't particularly important to me anymore.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Steve, You probably know this but as an FYI for others who may be staying with the stock springs and ride height Koni shocks eliminated the PP bounce with everything else stock. I'm hoping that the struts and rear shocks on the 18's don't change dimensions from the current cars so that the current Koni's, etc. will fit even though I'm thinking seriously about Magneride because "autocross tuneability" isn't particularly important to me anymore.
It would be nice if a lot of things like that carried over.

PP bounce probably wasn't the best term to use on my part. Lots of things could cause what I have going on or it may not even be a problem and something I need to get used to cuz metalz :thumbsup:

edit: I believe it to be a ride frequency issue. I went to much higher rate front springs and now with the binding taken out of the rear suspension I think what I'm feeling as I cruise around is mismatched ride frequencies between the front and rear.

edit #2: making headway on the ride issues. Less compression and more rebound up front with more compression in back has made the front/rear pitching 'bounce' way better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
boardkat

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
lots of prep the past few weeks (and trials/tribulations sprinkled throughout), but time to celebrate tonight - finally sub-3500!! nevermind the corner weights though (didn't level):

33583087751_4e129723dd_b.jpg

on a 1/4 tank of gas too - won't need that much with the BAP i added last season. still have a about 15lbs/corner in the rear to drop too from the springs. soon..
Sponsored