BG Syncro Shift II from Optimum Performance

Bankss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium 6SPD
Yeah it sounds more like a shifter issue than the fluid. I've been locked out of 3 twice and it pissed me off so much that I installed the Barton shifter. I swapped fluid because the notchiness of 2nd gear when cold never went away and I also passed 5k miles on factory fill. It is like a totally different trans now. [MENTION=19281]jabrax[/MENTION] can attest to this as well
Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Did the B&G swap last weekend. I had no complaints about this transmission before the swap after owning a few notchy BMW manuals, it felt like those.
The B&G actually locked me out of 2nd gear on a 35 degree morning yesterday, I was surprised. Seems to work about the same as the stock fluid after about 200 miles and when warmed up.
Not worth it to me but I'm sure it does help many people
BG has a slightly higher viscosity so when cold it may cause some shifting issues, typically the additive package in SSII eliminates this even when cold. It appears there is a slight difference in a small percentage of transmissions either internally or in the shifter mechanism. MGW/Barton shifters also seem to help greatly to eliminate binding found in the OEM shift mechanism.

And you know this because no transmission has ever locked someone out of any gear even once if it didn't have B&G in it?
While rare, a small percentage of these vehicles appear to have issues above and beyond the typical issues. 2nd Gear issues are typically gear nibble which is usually corrected with the fluid swap. The clutch release and shifter mechanism along with the possibility of the tolerance stack up in the transmission. Cold weather affects several things in this system, the fabricated shift linkage, clutch release bearing and the clearances of the internal transmission components. Due to the unknown conditions of all these systems; where it started life, its use or abuse, it is a Mustang after all :)

2nd gear is particularly finicky on this trans with stock shifter. BG improves it but doesn't eliminate the difficulty getting into it sometimes at freezing or colder temps. I skip shift 1-3 until the trans is warm when it's actually winter weather outside.
Yes, and some of that could be related to the release bearing. A fresh brake fluid flush may allow for better release response when the pedal is pushed in in cold weather. If the fluid is saturated with moisture it may effect cold operation.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
No, problems , just curious on a good ATF

[MENTION=23180]slink914[/MENTION] BG's 312/314 ATF is the product that replaces Mercon LV ATF. I can get you pricing on it but the best way to change fluid is to find a Ford Dealer or BG Shop local to you who uses the fluid exchanging machines BG developed which actually transfers 98% of the old fluid out of the transmission. Most "drop the pan" shops are really only changing out about 1/3 of the fluid so they just contaminate the new fluid.

turbosc297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
And you know this because no transmission has ever locked someone out of any gear even once if it didn't have B&G in it?
I had a 2015 gt with stock fluid, shifted fine all the time except nibbly when cold, never missed a shift in its 3700 mile lifespan of hard driving.

My 2016 with 8000 miles has been the exact same way with zero missed shifts even above 7500rpm, and I had no complaints but I thought id give the B&G fluid a try with all the hype... It now is very resistant to go into 2nd gear when cold, a few times I've had to skip 2nd. 4th nibbles a bit more now too but I'm not complaining about that.

SO your question is a little strange since I was comparing MY transmission before and after the fluid which clearly caused a change in shifting characteristics when cold. I'm not talking about anyones else's transmissions locking anyone else out of a gear.

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Just ordered the combo. Thanks guys! Looking forward to swapping in the fluids.

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
so ive had this in my tranny for about a month or two. its been basically below 40* everytime i drive the car. i have noticed a tad bit of difference shifting vs stock fluid. however the last two days have been in the 60's and all i have to say is holy shit what a difference shifting is now. smoother than i can explain. very pleased and makes driving just a tad more enjoyable.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Something that I started doing on cold days is double clutching when shifting. I noticed even with the BG fluid, when the engine and trans is cold, is that the shifts are notchy as hell. I guess with double clutching, there is less hang up when shifting until everything is warmed up. Within three to five minutes, the engine and trans are up to "normal" temp and I shift normally after that.

5.0Nasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Triple Yellow Eco Vert
Is it possible to see a web copy of the instructions. If so I'd love a PM

I've never swapped trans fluid before and am curious how this pump works.
I've been having major issues with my trans lately due to winter, I assume.
I occasionally get grind when shifting into 5th.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I scanned and saved it as a searchable PDF for my use but am not sure what Optimum Performance copyright policy is. They did spend time and money to create them and for me at least was one factor for choosing them to buy from. I would post with their approval.

Ever used a hand sanitizer? Same thing, just bigger with a hose stuck on. Every time you push the handle some fluid gets pumped into the hose.

Bankss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium 6SPD

The instructions that come with the kit will make perfect sense as you're reading it even down to the little cup with the tape mark for the excess fluid to go. It's a very fool proof kit that is pretty hard to mess up.

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Sorry if this has been asked before but how often should we change the transmission fluid? I've been running BG for over 5k miles with no issues.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Change it in accordance with the factory maintenance schedule unless you regularly road course your vehicle or hit the drag strip every weekend. Normal driving, factory schedule.

5.0Nasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Triple Yellow Eco Vert
I scanned and saved it as a searchable PDF for my use but am not sure what Optimum Performance copyright policy is. They did spend time and money to create them and for me at least was one factor for choosing them to buy from. I would post with their approval.

Ever used a hand sanitizer? Same thing, just bigger with a hose stuck on. Every time you push the handle some fluid gets pumped into the hose.
Thanks, I think I get it now. Just makes transfer from jug to trans easier. Will look into this kit

The instructions that come with the kit will make perfect sense as you're reading it even down to the little cup with the tape mark for the excess fluid to go. It's a very fool proof kit that is pretty hard to mess up.
Thanks for quick response

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

You stick the pump in to the container, you pump the pump, and the instructions say when to stop. Literally it's the easiest thing you'll do that week.

Contact OPMustang and he can talk you through it. Posting his hard work (instructions) on this forum is a kick to his gut IMHO.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
MGC Multi Gear Concentrate from BG

We have added MGC to our site and recommend it to everyone. It will work with any of the Transmission/Gear Oils. Think of it as an additive supercharger. It may help some of those who are experiencing shifting issues.
17630102_10208856414668306_3512346604518207101_n.jpg
Sponsored