Headlight Modification

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
That is a demon eye. After nearly a year of delays we are releasing a plug-and-play version in late November with custom-tooled brackets specifically for the S550. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for an EU version on it, but it shouldn't be difficult at all to wire up as it just takes parking light signal and ground, and has a light sensor onboard to shut off when headlights are turned on.
I think I speak for all of us when I say you are going to need to post a link here the second they go on sale!
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
That is a demon eye. After nearly a year of delays we are releasing a plug-and-play version in late November with custom-tooled brackets specifically for the S550. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for an EU version on it, but it shouldn't be difficult at all to wire up as it just takes parking light signal and ground, and has a light sensor onboard to shut off when headlights are turned on.
The one I have is RGB w/a remote so I can match or contrast with drl's. It's on its own circuit with a rf remote so I can turn it on without the car being turned on or the other lights for shows and general parking. The draw is so low I mistakenly left in on over the course of a weekend when I didn't drive the car; still cranked up fine come Monday.

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The one I have is RGB w/a remote so I can match or contrast with drl's. It's on its own circuit with a rf remote so I can turn it on without the car being turned on or the other lights for shows and general parking. The draw is so low I mistakenly left in on over the course of a weekend when I didn't drive the car; still cranked up fine come Monday.
Do you mind doing a small write up on how you wired yours up? Also what controller and remote you got? Im going to do the same to mine, want to control the demon eyes and drl's with the same remote, but be able to be different colors, as well as the possibility of controlling with a smart phone as well.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Do you mind doing a small write up on how you wired yours up? Also what controller and remote you got? Im going to do the same to mine, want to control the demon eyes and drl's with the same remote, but be able to be different colors, as well as the possibility of controlling with a smart phone as well.
This is the remote/switch setup I used.

Since I wanted two power sources for the drls (always on with the car and the ability to switch on and off when the car is off) I installed inline diodes so there would be no issue with feedback/shorts from one source to the other.

Basically I tapped the same wire for DRL and ran one always-on from the fuse box to the diode. The switch relay was then installed between the diode and the drl which enables me to have it off or on at any time.

You could also install the remote switch before the diode on the the constant source, but then you would not have control when the car is on.

I hope that all made sense. ;)

dackner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 black
how did you wire the power source that goes from the RGBW controller. The instructions say the two red wires go to parking and DRL and the black to ground. Does this mean i have to soder the two red wires to the parking and DRL wires?(Are these wires in the headlight plug in) I thought i could just combine the two red wires to a fuse tap? PLEASE HELP lol
IMG_7550.jpg

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Yeah; you'll want to tap into the headlight harness. I didn't solder but wish I did. If you don't care about the dimming feature you could just tap a source at the fuse box that comes on with the car in acc mode. It's all up to you. Personally I wanted them to work just as the oem drls did + turn signals.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Sorry to dig up an old thread but can anyone provide specific recommendation for resealing? I'm pulling mine apart tomorrow *fingers crossed*

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast