Sponsored

Convert Manual-to-Automatic on GT PP

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if a manual to auto conversion has been done on a 2015 Mustang GT car?
Are you are not that optimistic that your knee can be improved within a month or so? Mustang has a light clutch, and joints usually respond well to movement. You could rent with a car for a month and see how it goes after that. In the meantime, take daily walks to rehab the knee.
Sponsored

jmcwilli76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Conv Red Line 400a
Clutch Duck. I have bad knees and I made sure there would be options in case something bad happened.
Good Luck!

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
Yes, uploading pics now and will link below once completed uploading.

Info and Mods:
2015 GT Performance Package
Color = Black
Roush Front Cover (pre-painted by Roush)
Roush Phase 1 Kit 670HP - Installed by Brenspeed Texas
O.Z. Leggera HLT Wheels - Forged 22lbs each (19x9 and 19x9.5 @ OEM Offsets)
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires - new (less than 1000 miles)
Where's the pics of your car??:shrug:

Edonis13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 CO GTPP
If you think it can be rehabbed, I would buy a 5-10 year old car with an auto as a daily driver. Drive it until you are able to drive the GT, and then sell the auto daily for around what you spent on it.

Kellys69z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium, Dodge 2500 Cummings, 69 Camaro
It's been done, but I can't remember who did it. Would be cheaper to trade it in, and take the loss on the car. If memory serves me right it was around 6-8k for everything. I think Lund did the tuning can contact them to see who is selling the kit.

Sponsored

kiko1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Don't trade it in. This can be done for sure. Call Power by the Hour in South Florida as they have done a handfull of these. Those guys know and can get you on the right track. Good luck.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You are better off simply transferring over all of these mods to a new automatic car. Yes it will cost you some money, but in the end it will be a lot less of a loss than if you tried to trade in a car with those kinds of mods then redo them all over again. Trading in gets you the least amount of cash, plus selling a car with mods you will never get anywhere near the true value for them.

The other thing to try would be to sell the car as is to a forum member or other enthusiast who will pay top dollar for a modded car like that. Otherwise a dealer could care less for your supercharger and give you the trade in value of a completely stock GT.

Ksmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but does anyone know the effort to convert the GT from Automatic to Manual? All the mustangs arriving in my country are automatics.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but does anyone know the effort to convert the GT from Automatic to Manual? All the mustangs arriving in my country are automatics.
lots and lots of $$$$$ especially if you can't do the work yourself. It has to be cheaper to just import a manual.

Ksmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost
lots and lots of $$$$$ especially if you can't do the work yourself. It has to be cheaper to just import a manual.
I wish it was cheaper, there are heavy import taxes etc on new cars. I'm trying to find out exactly how much. i already have the automatic so i'm just trying to see which is the cheaper option. Thanks for the information though :D

Sponsored

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I wish it was cheaper, there are heavy import taxes etc on new cars. I'm trying to find out exactly how much. i already have the automatic so i'm just trying to see which is the cheaper option. Thanks for the information though :D
I'm with you on this and curious if it can be done too... all Mustangs in Japan were all Ecoboost PPs with automatics, so that's what I have...

Can it be changed to a manual?

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
It can be done and Ford actually offered the GTpp with an auto, but they were only offered that way for the 50th SE's. LPF- Limitless Performance and Fabrication -- http://www.lpfbuilt.com/ can do the swap. Look them up on FB and you can see some of the stuff they have done.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
[MENTION=13161]Chargedguard5.0[/MENTION] is doing it right now. I don't know how difficult it has been for him but I can't imagine it would be terrible. Maybe he can chime in

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Your best bet is to find someone who wants a manual who has an auto and then just swap part for part. At that point you could split shop costs and be done.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
The 6r80s out of the F150 are pretty cheap on ebay. Not sure if they could work. I would be interested to see someone try this just out of curiosity but trading in on an auto is probably the better choice.
Sponsored