APEX wheel survey to make wide wheels for mustangs

S550Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT base performance pack
would have deff jumped all over this but already have two sets of the 9.5:frusty:
great wheels though, and the customer support is top notch!!
Sponsored

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Pretty certain it's the same roll or pressure 'forging' on the barrel that's used on Apex and dozens of other wheel brands.
I've put over 25 track days on a set of EC-7 on r comps on a e46 m3 prepped track car. I've ran over every curbing on track imaginable and hit many pot holes on the roads. The guy that bought my car also has about 12 track days on the same set of EC7 and it looks brand new. Has yet to bend or crack or break.

While manufacturing processes may be similar, my guess is that maybe the people doing it are less competent, the equipment they use is inferior and maybe their QC tolerance differs.

The forgestar BRZ incident happened at my local track and my friends were there that day. Inexcusable for a wheel to do that driven by a novice driver.

I can attest to APEX quality and durability based on on track experiences.

And their guaranty is amazing.

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You mean s2000 right?
I thought it was a BRZ. I could be wrong. My friends were there on that day so I'll have to ask again.

Anyways, we here on the west coast have seen bent wheels from all types of manufacturers. Even including BBS. All I'm saying is APEX wheels are widely used by BMW guys and I never hear any issues. My circle of track friends are all e36/e46/e92 guys. They all use APEX. I also have extensive first hand experience.

I'm just really excited that a quality wheel is finally available to us Mustang guys at a reasonable price.

OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It's just unfortunate when people spout off with only that 1 case as evidence. Do some research on that particular incident, you might be intrigued with what you read.

Also, do research on any wheel manufacturer, they've all had failures. Proper inspections pre and post HPDE or autocross and periodically will prevent most issues.

Forgestars are all over the track, including by a large number of members here with zero problems.

I'm very glad APEX is stepping up their mustang production and offerings too, it'll be nothing but good to have more options.

Sponsored

thevillageidiot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT premium with PP 6speed
Thank you everyone for your support. I know that a few of you have already filled out our previous survey hosted on the BMW boards, and we appreciate that. Those submissions in addition to other forms of consistent correspondence from this community played a major factor in our decision to revitalize our Mustang program.

We joined this great forum as site sponsors about 2 weeks ago, and have since launched a thread which calls attention to our new Mustang specific survey. For those of you who have not got a chance to complete this, we would greatly appreciate hearing from you!

Survey Thread

- Ryan
just pledged. How are the numbers looking currently? What is the likely discount looking like as well. Im in for 100 off plus shipping.

Hawk296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT PP
Ah okay, that makes sense.

I missed out on the 18x10s last time around. Glad to get some now.
Sponsored