Sponsored

Would like to hit Sebring 24

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does anyone know where I could find a room for the weekend? I've always wanted to see the race & my wife wanted me to go before she passed away. I'll be coming from WI. I'm not buying tickets until I can rent a room.

Thanks
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
The hotel at the track is sure to be sold out. There are a lot of motels in Sebring and Avon Park (just a little north), nothing fancy, that you may be able to get a room at. If there is noting there and you're willing to drive an hour and a half or so, anything on the west coast from Bradenton to Sarasota will work.

Lake Wales is about 45 minutes north that will have a few motels that should have rooms.

Since you'd be flying in Sarasota may be more convenient in the long run.

Modrodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
You can always rent an RV or camp. A buddy and I have gone every year for the past 10. It actually sounds silly, but we rent a Uhaul truck and bring it in. Set up our air mattresses etc in the back and camp that way. We thought it was crazy the first year we did it, but it actually worked out extremely well. There are showers brought in etc. Also, I assume your talking about the 12 hours of Sebring. Correct?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Never thought of a U-haul - that's not a bad idea at all to keep it cheap. :clap2:

OP
OP

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I was thinking about throwing a sleeping bag in the car & sleeping in the back but didn't know if it was allowed.

I want to drive down BTW.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Yeah, you can camp all you want. The whole infield is an interesting party at night. :)

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
I was thinking about throwing a sleeping bag in the car & sleeping in the back but didn't know if it was allowed.

I want to drive down BTW.
Sebring officials aren't gonna bother you if you're sleeping in your car.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
The hotel at the track is sure to be sold out. There are a lot of motels in Sebring and Avon Park (just a little north), nothing fancy, that you may be able to get a room at. If there is noting there and you're willing to drive an hour and a half or so, anything on the west coast from Bradenton to Sarasota will work.

Lake Wales is about 45 minutes north that will have a few motels that should have rooms.

Since you'd be flying in Sarasota may be more convenient in the long run.
there are loads of hotels up Hwy 27 to North also about an hour or less away, I cant see them all booked up. Try Winter Haven, Haines City for example.

bbrilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP, 2010 WRX, 1971 BMW 2002
I would suggest arriving at the track Thursday during the day. There are some great support races and qualifying action on Friday. If you don't mind sleeping in your car then take a tent and some camping gear. If you are planning on consuming alcohol you don't want to drive to a hotel because it will be pretty far away. The infield party scene has settled down some since the early 90's. (We may be part of the reason golf carts are no longer allowed in Green Park.) If you want a shower 4 to 5 am is the best time to avoid a line. Be sure to check out the concerts put on by F troop. Spend some time at turn 10. Green park is a great place to party but you won't want to sleep there unless you want a lot of traffic around your tent. Bring sun screen and use it. The Florida sun will burn you even in March. Bring lots of water, there will be lots of walking. Don't drive a 28 foot motor home over the bridge to the infield. We did that one year and there was a lot of yelling when we got to the other side.

It is a blast and I'm sure you will love it. I have raced at the track many times and driven my car in the vintage races with the SVRA during the 12 hour twice. I've probably been to 15 12 hours. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Modrodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I would suggest arriving at the track Thursday during the day. There are some great support races and qualifying action on Friday. If you don't mind sleeping in your car then take a tent and some camping gear. If you are planning on consuming alcohol you don't want to drive to a hotel because it will be pretty far away. The infield party scene has settled down some since the early 90's. (We may be part of the reason golf carts are no longer allowed in Green Park.) If you want a shower 4 to 5 am is the best time to avoid a line. Be sure to check out the concerts put on by F troop. Spend some time at turn 10. Green park is a great place to party but you won't want to sleep there unless you want a lot of traffic around your tent. Bring sun screen and use it. The Florida sun will burn you even in March. Bring lots of water, there will be lots of walking. Don't drive a 28 foot motor home over the bridge to the infield. We did that one year and there was a lot of yelling when we got to the other side.

It is a blast and I'm sure you will love it. I have raced at the track many times and driven my car in the vintage races with the SVRA during the 12 hour twice. I've probably been to 15 12 hours. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Good info here. Also, Hank and Sheilas tent is a great place to be at night. In the past few years they have put on some great concerts!
Sponsored