Sponsored

Anyone here own or have previously owned a 2013+ Viper?

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I know it's a bit off topic but I was wondering if anyone here has or currently owned a 2013+ Viper. Incase my 350 R order doesn't work out like it's supposed to I wanted to get some members opinions on what their ownership of a Viper is like. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I've never owned one, but God it is still a dream! Ive thought about buying a 2000ish model ACR, but will eventually need a daily driver, which is why I've thought more about a GT350 than a Viper.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I owned a 2001 GTS for 6 + years and sold it once I bought my Hellcat. It wasn't fast enough... I also owned 2013 SRT Viper after I sold the 2001.

Really loved the Viper, but sold it by accident to a friend that was looking for a white Gen 5 amd instantly regretted it.

The Gen 5 is an awesome ride and gets a ton of attention. One of the best parts about Viper ownership is the Viper Owners Association. I was going to order a 2017 but wanted to try something different (plus I have two kids). I plan to add the back seats to my R.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. It's a buyers market on the Viper. I have a friend selling a fully loaded GTS in black ($137 k msrp) for $75k w/ under 5k miles.

I almost bought it last week but landed a R. Let me know and I can pass his name and number to you.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I owned a 2001 GTS for 6 + years and sold it once I bought my Hellcat. It wasn't fast enough... I also owned 2013 SRT Viper after I sold the 2001.

Really loved the Viper, but sold it by accident to a friend that was looking for a white Gen 5.

The Gen 5 is an awesome ride and gets a ton of attention. One of the best parts about Viper ownership is the Viper Owners Association. I was going to order a 2017 but wanted to try something different (plus I have two kids). I plan to add the back seats to my R.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. It's a buyers market on the Viper. I have a friend selling a fully loaded GTS in black ($137 k msrp) for $75k w/ under 5k miles.

I almost bought it last week but landed a R.
I basically want to know if it's worth owning. We've all heard the horror stories about it being an axe murderer and the side sills getting extremely hot. The R will be a toy and if I land a viper it'll be a toy as well. Just want to see if its as good of a car as I hope. I'm test driving one tomorrow morning which should help decide

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
The Gen 5 is very refined compared to the old cars... But is still very raw. The AC actually works and has all the modern creature comforts. It's very rewarding to drive fast and the shifter is excellent for a stock car.

Some find the seats uncomfortable, but take some time to adjust them. You can manually adjust them for height.

What model are you looking at? Let me know if you have any other questions.

I don't think you would be disappointed in Viper ownership, especially as a weekend toy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Im looking at a 2013+ GTS. A base car wold work too but I'd like some of the creature comforts.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
It is definitely worth owning. Is that a trick question? :lol:

Drive one and you wont want opinions. If i wasnt building a house and bought a lake house id have bought one in addition to my gt. Without question.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Feel free to pm me some details if you decide to move forward. (regarding pricing, etc.)

Also, ask about the R28/R29 recall. Essentially the dealer does an oil change and looks at the oil filter. Some have had their motors replaced. Mine passed the R28/R29 and so did my buddies black GTS.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Feel free to pm me some details if you decide to move forward. (regarding pricing, etc.)

Also, ask about the R28/R29 recall. Essentially the dealer does an oil change and looks at the oil filter. Some have had their motors replaced. Mine passed the R28/R29 and so did my buddies black GTS.
Will do! I appreciate it and tomorrow I will PM you with some questions

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I would opt for a 2014 TA, but you'll pay a little more...

2013s don't have a back up Camera unless they have a touring package, but GTS should have that option.

Sponsored
OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I would opt for a 2014 TA, but you'll pay a little more...

2013s don't have a back up Camera unless they have a touring package, but GTS should have that option.
Always thought that was weird that a 100k+ car didnt come with a backup camera

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Always thought that was weird that a 100k+ car didnt come with a backup camera
Government regulations require it now....starting in 2014 or 2015?

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I have owned 3 of them. My last was an 03 which I thought was to corvette like and my 99 gts was incredible. The new vipers look so much better than previous generation. All I can say is these cars are incredible. I just ordered a 17 gtc TA v2.0 in Stryker pearl purple. Don't know delivery time frame yet but had to get a ride to replace or join my gt350. I love what the gt350 stands for and is suppose to be however until Ford and their dealers can take care of customers I am done with their shenanigans.

Also on viper the acr is very very stiff and really a track car that is why I ordered a TA package to get a compliant ride with great handling. Torque of the V10 is like nothing you've been in. Doing 80 take it from 5th to 4th and put down 100' of rubber and up to 150 in a few seconds. Just awe inspiring.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
[MENTION=26389]bgjersey30[/MENTION] had one.... tell 'em it's still a badazz ride Mike! :D

[ame]
Sponsored