Sponsored

Steeda ultralite input?

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
For the guys running the steeda ultralite springs in theit gt. How do you like them? Stance. Ride. Handling?
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have them. Stance is not my favorite of all available springs; the rear wheel gap is not visually even with the front wheel gap, but it is only noticeable on aftermarket wheels that come closer to the fender. Felt like the rear dropped more than advertised; the front dropped as expected. That is my only complaint, which is something that turns people off from these. You can mix the rear Ultralite spring with the front Extreme Ultralite spring and get a really great looking drop. I just did HPDE at Atlanta Motorsports Park and was extremely, extremely happy with how my car handled, as was my instructor. I did it on the stock PZeros and still was very happy - I really don't have the same complaints as others do with those tires; but I haven't driven this car on MPSS's yet, so... grain of salt there. Anyway, day to day it drives like a BMW (I have dampers, though). I know someone who has them on PP dampers and he says it drives just fine. It's a pretty stiff rear spring that drops a lot so IMHO you want at least Ford Performance dampers with these to ensure you have a compliant ride. The only other springs I have any interest in trying are Swift Spec R, which have a stiffer front spring and a bit less stiff rear spring as compared to the Ultralites. The Ultralite is designed more to "level" the car and won't have a particularly noticeable rake, which a lot of guys like. I like a raked look on a lot of cars but this one I really quite like the level look. Steeda did a lot of testing to come up with these springs, including track work. They're no drag racer spring - if I was a drag racer my only consideration would be BMR's springs with the .5" rear drop. If you're a handling guy, these are a really great choice and I'm betting they're at the top of the list in terms of actual track testing going into their design vs. just computer maths. Every company will claim their's is the best option, though. But I went with the Ultralites because a guy in my mustang group [MENTION=7398]Todd15Fastback[/MENTION] had them and raved. Usually I don't listen to him because he never stops talking about Hello Kitty and Pokemon, but... this time I did. ;)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I have them. Stance is not my favorite of all available springs; the rear wheel gap is not visually even with the front wheel gap, but it is only noticeable on aftermarket wheels that come closer to the fender. Felt like the rear dropped more than advertised; the front dropped as expected. That is my only complaint, which is something that turns people off from these. You can mix the rear Ultralite spring with the front Extreme Ultralite spring and get a really great looking drop. I just did HPDE at Atlanta Motorsports Park and was extremely, extremely happy with how my car handled, as was my instructor. I did it on the stock PZeros and still was very happy - I really don't have the same complaints as others do with those tires; but I haven't driven this car on MPSS's yet, so... grain of salt there. Anyway, day to day it drives like a BMW (I have dampers, though). I know someone who has them on PP dampers and he says it drives just fine. It's a pretty stiff rear spring that drops a lot so IMHO you want at least Ford Performance dampers with these to ensure you have a compliant ride. The only other springs I have any interest in trying are Swift Spec R, which have a stiffer front spring and a bit less stiff rear spring as compared to the Ultralites. The Ultralite is designed more to "level" the car and won't have a particularly noticeable rake, which a lot of guys like. I like a raked look on a lot of cars but this one I really quite like the level look. Steeda did a lot of testing to come up with these springs, including track work. They're no drag racer spring - if I was a drag racer my only consideration would be BMR's springs with the .5" rear drop. If you're a handling guy, these are a really great choice and I'm betting they're at the top of the list in terms of actual track testing going into their design vs. just computer maths. Every company will claim their's is the best option, though. But I went with the Ultralites because a guy in my mustang group @Todd15Fastback had them and raved. Usually I don't listen to him because he never stops talking about Hello Kitty and Pokemon, but... this time I did. ;)
Also, if you would like a little more of a rake you can add our spring spacer, we will have 1/4inch and 1/2 inch available in about a week. Also, we updated the Ultralite springs a while back and brought up the rear slightly.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Also, if you would like a little more of a rake you can add our spring spacer, we will have 1/4inch and 1/2 inch available in about a week. Also, we updated the Ultralite springs a while back and brought up the rear slightly.
I suppose I should have said :doh: that my comments did not pertain to the updated spring, which I didn't have originally. Steeda did bring my rear up .5" there'bouts with an updated spring recently. I forgot about that... bit ashamed. Front vs. back gap difference is negligible now even with my 20" Project 6GR wheels.

OP
OP

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
How can you tell if they are the newer springs?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Anyone who knows

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
How can you tell if they are the newer springs?
Will probably be tied to manufacture date unless they updated a part number.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have them. Stance is not my favorite of all available springs; the rear wheel gap is not visually even with the front wheel gap, but it is only noticeable on aftermarket wheels that come closer to the fender. Felt like the rear dropped more than advertised; the front dropped as expected. That is my only complaint, which is something that turns people off from these. You can mix the rear Ultralite spring with the front Extreme Ultralite spring and get a really great looking drop. I just did HPDE at Atlanta Motorsports Park and was extremely, extremely happy with how my car handled, as was my instructor. I did it on the stock PZeros and still was very happy - I really don't have the same complaints as others do with those tires; but I haven't driven this car on MPSS's yet, so... grain of salt there. Anyway, day to day it drives like a BMW (I have dampers, though). I know someone who has them on PP dampers and he says it drives just fine. It's a pretty stiff rear spring that drops a lot so IMHO you want at least Ford Performance dampers with these to ensure you have a compliant ride. The only other springs I have any interest in trying are Swift Spec R, which have a stiffer front spring and a bit less stiff rear spring as compared to the Ultralites. The Ultralite is designed more to "level" the car and won't have a particularly noticeable rake, which a lot of guys like. I like a raked look on a lot of cars but this one I really quite like the level look. Steeda did a lot of testing to come up with these springs, including track work. They're no drag racer spring - if I was a drag racer my only consideration would be BMR's springs with the .5" rear drop. If you're a handling guy, these are a really great choice and I'm betting they're at the top of the list in terms of actual track testing going into their design vs. just computer maths. Every company will claim their's is the best option, though. But I went with the Ultralites because a guy in my mustang group [MENTION=7398]Todd15Fastback[/MENTION] had them and raved. Usually I don't listen to him because he never stops talking about Hello Kitty and Pokemon, but... this time I did. ;)
What is the rear drop for these springs? And how much more did it drop do you think than it should of. I am looking for a set of springs without rake. Maybe these springs are what I am looking for. Maybe we can trade.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I assume this spacer is just for the rear? Plans for something similar on the fronts? I like a lot of the available offerings on the market on rates, but don't want a drop more than ~1/2".

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
WOW...that'll be one cool product to have!

Sometimes I think, it's sort of weird that nobody has come up with stuff like this before for the S550...like the upper shock mount, the clutch spring plus hardware and now this. Cheers to Steeda and their innovative products :cheers:

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I assume this spacer is just for the rear? Plans for something similar on the fronts? I like a lot of the available offerings on the market on rates, but don't want a drop more than ~1/2".
Should be something relatively easy to manufacture (for Steeda). If would be perfect if they made fronts too.

robbins226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt PP
I also am running the ultralite linear with a 1/4 whiteline rear spacer that helped with the rake. Seemed to help with the terrible understeer these cars have after the spacer install. Overall I'm very confident in my setup. Yet, on extremely technical courses like NCM I'm off the pace. Place like fontana "roval" I can really hold my own. Without my steeda goodies I would be WAY off the pace at NCM lol I really need to upgrade to coil overs....Steedatech any news on coil overs for the s550?

OP
OP

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Can you guys post pics? I only worried bc i want a level even look and im running 305 35 20 tire in rear