Sponsored

Full-Race has changed their design for Street cat back

PonyFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecobooost
Has anybody here recently bought a Full-Race Street catback? The product is no the same as what they advertise on their website!

What I expect:

Another picture from one of the posts in another forum:

But here is what I received this morning:

As you can see the resonator is much smaller than it should be!

The biggest reason why I placed an order is I have been suffer from cabin drone and I need a quiet exhaust, but I really don't think such a small resonator can damp the drone efficiently!

I am communicating with them now. I have no idea how can a manufacturer sell the product which is not what they advertise.:mad::mad::mad:

I will keep updating this post

====== 10/20/2017 update ======

Contacted Full-Race. They apologized and offered me a free return with no hassle. I'm not a fan of their exhaust but kinda impressed with their service at this point.

====== 10/27/2017 update ======

Got full refund. End of story
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

PonyFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecobooost
I went through this 2 months ago when I bought the cat-back. I purposely got the race version because their photos on the website showed a large resonator, I figure that would be enough to cut out the drone without mufflers.

Well I got the same version you got with their updated race style resonator. When I contacted them about it, I was just told this was their updated design and they changed because it flows more.

Well no shit it flows more, just look at it. I doubt it even does anything.

I will tell you now, it does drone like crazy. I am just dealing with it and going to have my local shop weld on some mufflers for me. I figured once I installed it to test it out, there was no returning it at that point.
Hey we really need to take this serious! This is cheating!

I will never install this!

OP
OP

PonyFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecobooost
If they don't want to play nice with you, just dispute with your credit card with the photos you got. You will get your money back easy.
Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Evidence on my hand.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Nothing against FR but this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I remember when one of the Fusion guys bought a Fusion CAI from them and it didn't look anything like the photo on the website. The website appeared to have a nice smooth one-piece mandrel bent pipe with a FR logo plate welded on, etc. When he received his, it looked like several mandrel bends had been welded together (with weld seams showing), no logo plate, no filter shield (iirc), and it didn't fit well. They made it right for him but it seems like some others ran into the same issue(s) without much resolution. FR makes some very nice quality pieces, but if you change the part(s)/material(s) of something, the website needs to be updated or the customer advised that certain pieces/parts might be different.

OP
OP

PonyFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecobooost
Nothing against FR but this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I remember when one of the Fusion guys bought a Fusion CAI from them and it didn't look anything like the photo on the website. The website appeared to have a nice smooth one-piece mandrel bent pipe with a FR logo plate welded on, etc. When he received his, it looked like several mandrel bends had been welded together (with weld seams showing), no logo plate, no filter shield (iirc), and it didn't fit well. They made it right for him but it seems like some others ran into the same issue(s) without much resolution. FR makes some very nice quality pieces, but if you change the part(s)/material(s) of something, the website needs to be updated or the customer advised that certain pieces/parts might be different.
I just can't really believe this is FR. I heard some good feedback on FR and checked some review videos on YouTube, but it turns out that this manufacturer has no idea what they are selling!

Sponsored

SleepyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Man I was looking at the full race street catback, i'm really glad I didn't get it now. Sorry for you guys PonyFresh and Wsfrazier but thank you for putting the word out there. Hopefully this gets bumped a lot so that people considering these exhausts can look somewhere else.

OP
OP

PonyFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecobooost
Man I was looking at the full race street catback, i'm really glad I didn't get it now. Sorry for you guys PonyFresh and Wsfrazier but thank you for putting the word out there. Hopefully this gets bumped a lot so that people considering these exhausts can look somewhere else.
That's exactly the reason why I post here. I want more people to know about the product so that people know what they pay for.

OP
OP

PonyFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecobooost
The workmanship, welding, etc on the exhaust are actually really good. It's just a shame the photo they use to advertise it on their website isn't correct.

It's all they need to do to fix the problem, so people know what they are buying.
The point is, since the resonator is smaller, it will not give us the same functionality as a large resonator does. So it's not a matter of a different picture, but a different functionality.

For me, killing drone is what this exhaust buys me, but according to your description apparently I will not get a desired result.

OP
OP

PonyFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecobooost
So what ended up happening with you and full-race over this? I am starting to really hate mine and on the fence about just doing a charge back since they won't allow a return.

On top of the resonator being wrong, it's supposed to be a v-banded setup. It's not. It's a cheap hacked off pipe with butt clamps.
They offered me a free return. I'm kinda satisfied with their service at this point.

I think I will go with MAP for their quality.

OP
OP

PonyFresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecobooost
So what ended up happening with you and full-race over this? I am starting to really hate mine and on the fence about just doing a charge back since they won't allow a return.

On top of the resonator being wrong, it's supposed to be a v-banded setup. It's not. It's a cheap hacked off pipe with butt clamps.
How's your exhaust after welding mufflers? Still too loud and drony?
Sponsored