Sponsored

Differential noise with steeda diff bushings

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I never really noticed it before because I had the MBRP race catback that droned and it drowned out the noise. I just installed the AWE Switchpath, which doesnt drone, and I can hear the gears whine like a mofo at about 70mph
Hi, pm me your contact info. I would like to discuss further on a resolution.

All the best,

Mike D
Sponsored

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
Hey Mike,
Curious what your thoughts are on this. I just picked up a Steeda diff mount bushing kit and am now wondering if I should install. I'm ok with a slight increase in gear noise at certain speeds but based on what I'm reading here it may be more than I'm looking for, even with the red 80 durometer bushings. Your thoughts are much appreciated!

Hi, pm me your contact info. I would like to discuss further on a resolution.

All the best,

Mike D

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hey Mike,
Curious what your thoughts are on this. I just picked up a Steeda diff mount bushing kit and am now wondering if I should install. I'm ok with a slight increase in gear noise at certain speeds but based on what I'm reading here it may be more than I'm looking for, even with the red 80 durometer bushings. Your thoughts are much appreciated!
On some applications none to very little, use the 80 durometer bushings and you should be just fine.

Make sure you follow instructions any questions please reach out.

Thank you,
Mike D

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hi Mike,

I'm keen to have the NVH question cleared up too. Your site says 'little to no increase in NVH', CJ's says 'no increase'. I have to refer to yours as the definitive manufacturer's advice, but when I read 'on some applications...little to no increase' does this mean on some applications there will be a noticeable increase? It's just confusing and raises doubt. Maybe the description should change to 'you may experience increased NVH'?

Not looking to complicate the discussion and I already have a number of great Steeda products, just don't want to spend money getting these installed on a DD to find a noticeable increase in NVH.

Last edited: