Seriously fed up with Ford

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I feel like the problems with this car are multiplying. They haven't been ridiculous issues but they have been either consistent and more seem to pop up.

• Brake Squeal since early on
  • Leaking valve cover gaskets (fixed under warranty)
  • Interior Rattles in multiple places
  • A/C now starting to show issues

The brake squeal has been an issue since early on. Multiple dealerships have looked at the issue, one resurfaced the rotors. And now the dealership and Ford Customer service won't consider it a warrantiable issue now that I'm at 25k miles as it's considered a "wear" item. Even though the dealership looked at the pads and the pad depth is still at least 70% in the front and almost new in the rear. They think it's the pads...and aren't 100% sure. So now I'm expected to spend money diagnosing the issue further and pay for replacement parts.

Further, the Ford Customer Care reps wouldn't respond to multiple emails and voicemails for almost a month. And after I finally reached out to someone else and had them get in touch with the assigned rep, they basically said they think it's the pads. But they won't fix them, even though I have documents going back a year showing the same issue.

My A/C is now showing issues that others are having in other threads. Driver side is considerably warmer than the passenger side, when set to the same temperature. My coworker who had (keyword) a Lincoln had the same issues and the dealership couldn't fix it properly. It was at the dealership 4 times for the same issue when he finally had enough and got rid of the car.

Interior rattles are annoying but not critical. Passenger door is worse since the door latch recall. And on top of it, the tech working on the latches didn't bother to put back in two of the screws holding on the door card. Found one on (and almost puncturing my seat) and the other on the floor. I got a half assed apology from the service manager at the dealership.

It's been super frustrating having to spend more and more time at the dealership for issues. I work 30+ miles away from home, don't always have the option to work from home, and my gf works clinic hours so she can't really be taking me back and forth very often. So it's always difficult to schedule things around a dealership visit. And good luck actually getting a loaner car. It seems every dealership has their own rules of how they give them to people (some don't offer one at all, 1 told me I had to have bought the car there).

None of the problems are huge issues where the car is left stranded. But the customer service is an absolute joke. Makes me not want to buy another Ford because they can't get their heads out of their asses and actually help. I hate to say it, but the next car will not be another Ford. We were looking at the Explorer but I rather spend the money with another company if this is how customer service is going to be in the future.

Anyways...more of a rant than anything. If I do change the pads myself, i was looking at the Powerstop Z23 and Z26's...seems like that's been a good choice by a few people.

Have others had their A/C issues fixed permanently? Or have you had to go back to get it looked at again?

CC [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] if they even bother to look at forums at this point.
Sponsored

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Ford has a new supplier to correct the evap if that what your issue is. 2 trips to the dealer on my new EB back in July never corrected the problem of "cool" air. I traded it on a GT last week and the A/C is very cold,like it should have been on the EB (and EVERY new car Ford sells)!!!!!!! Good luck with your issues. Since you documented your warranty visits,I suggest looking into you state's Lemon Law. I used it ~20 years ago and it was the best $50 I spent in a long time.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Might want to check the evaporator core thread, don't believe Ford has come up with a fix yet. Mine's in right now for it's second core, and there are many on their third. Interior rattles are just the norm on this car unfortunately, they put all of their money into performance and not fit & finish. Brake squeal is also something that's fairly common, and can be fixed with aftermarket pads.

Honestly, outside of the evaporator core issue (which needs to be addressed ASAP with a TSB at a minimum), your car doesn't seem too bad. All new cars are going to have some kind of issues, just be thankful you haven't had the driveshaft shakes yet.

OP
OP

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Might want to check the evaporator core thread, don't believe Ford has come up with a fix yet. Mine's in right now for it's second core, and there are many on their third. Interior rattles are just the norm on this car unfortunately, they put all of their money into performance and not fit & finish. Brake squeal is also something that's fairly common, and can be fixed with aftermarket pads.

Honestly, outside of the evaporator core issue (which needs to be addressed ASAP with a TSB at a minimum), your car doesn't seem too bad. All new cars are going to have some kind of issues, just be thankful you haven't had the driveshaft shakes yet.
I am having other issues, but they almost are all related to the aftermarket parts on there.

The front wheel bearings are already showing signs of them being worn out prematurely. There's definitely some play when I had it up on jack stands the last time. But the tech's don't think it's an issue (yet)...

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
All new cars are going to have some kind of issues, just be thankful you haven't had the driveshaft shakes yet.
Not really. Yea, I know they don't have 435hp, but my last 4 cars (Toyota and Honda) had exactly zero issues until over 100K miles, and not many then.

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have no faith in this car. I stopped modding it a while ago. Got a set of wheels with 920 miles on them stored in the garage and a PP2 kit still in the box.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
The only issue my '13 has had in the 3 years I've owned it is the motor in my driver window started to go out. Thankfully, it was barely under warranty( I bought it with 34000 miles.) So I had it fixed quick!

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
As I already posted in another thread in the GT350 forum, I had given up on Ford after my 2015 GT. I made one more fling with the GT350 and the engine is the selling point there, the rest is pretty horrible actually with poor panel fitment, paint issues and such. Last Ford for me ever. They can come out with a 429 Boss and put a box full of hundred dollar bills in the trunk and I wouldn't be a buyer. I'm enjoying the Shelby but holding my breath waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Your brake problem...Advice

[QUOTE=moarhorsepower;2024984
The brake squeal has been an issue since early on. Multiple dealerships have looked at the issue, one resurfaced the rotors.

Just a suggestion! I think the pads are compromised with embedded dirt and burned material, if this is the case you will never get rid of the squeal. I would replace the Pads with NAPA GOLD PADS = No noise and LOW dust. make sure the Calipers are TORQUED to spec and all sliding areas are lightly lubed (Silicone grease) Also torque the wheels on reinstall. This is a simple job you can do yourself. I had the same problem with my 2015 GT Premium. Warped rotors and contaminated pads. Changed them out carefully reinstalled and Presto you are good to go.

Sponsored

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
The squeaky pads are almost always a very simple fix with spraying the back side of the pads with CRC stop squeal red sticky spray. Worked on every car I've ever had squealing.

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
Before I bought my current 2015 RAM, all my previous trucks were F150s. The older ones were great, but my 2010 was junk. My wife's 2014 explorer was junk also. She only kept it for two years then bought a new Toyota 4Runner.

My RAM has been flawless and has a great interior. I also had a 2014 Chrysler 300S. It too was trouble free and the quality of the materials was great. FCA has come a long way.

I really want a Mustang, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from my last couple of Fords. Was hoping they improved stuff.

The Challengers are really nice, but outclassed by the Camaro and Mustang (not counting the hellcat).

:-/

Still getting a Mustang... If it was going to be a daily driver, I may worry about reliability, but I'll only be driving it on weekends and nice, sunny days.

WOOT! ;-)

Last edited:

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
Maybe I just got lucky, but I've had no problems with mine. I don't put lots of miles on it, so maybe that's a factor, but many of the roads around are are in really bad shape. I think any squeaks would have shown up by now.

I have had no problems with the A/C, but again I only use it once in a while. I'm kind of a windows-down driver. I haven't used the heat at all.

The PP2 works great. Other than maybe a handling mod, I'm done with mods. The Sport+ mode makes the car pretty thrilling to row through the gears with the MGW Race Spec. I try to renew my membership in the century club every time I drive it in the mountains.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
After owning three trouble-free S197 GT's you guys are making it really hard for me to buy a S550.
Sponsored