Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Francky591

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015 50th package
Hi guys! I just got my OBDLink MX and I am ready to contribute to this thread. My focus is on reverting (eu) homologation changes on export ponies (not eu spec cars).

I have imported a 2016 Premium GT and I'd love to get two things solved:

1. Enable turn signal switchback functionality:
Currently the "lower lights" (don't know what the right name for them is) above the fog lights are doing nothing but blinking when indicating. The homologation guys have simply unplugged the marker lights next to them because here (EU) amber front lights are not allowed. So I changed bulbs to white LEDs and re-plugged - Perfect. However, the "normal/lower" lights (next to them) should be on, too. It seems it is not a wiring issue. AS built for the DRL configuration at 726-50-01 says "disabled". Now I wonder to change that to whatever I need to get those regular light setting you US guys have.
Is anybody willing to provide me with his VIN or factory AS built for his 2016 premium GT? :) I assume 726-50-01 is not the only value to change.

2. Sync3 FM radio frequency intervals
Here in Europe we have different frequency spans and shorter intervals for scanning stations. You guys have 87.9 to 107.9 MHz with a 200 kHz interval and we have 87.5 to 108.0 MHz with a 50 kHz interval. So with Sync3 we are missing a lot of radio stations. :)
According to my Ford dealer he could change the band to meet eu requirements and I wonder if this could be done via FORScan, too (I would save about 200 USD) :)
EU spec Mustangs (except upcoming 2017 version) don't come with Sync3 so I can't compare as builts.
Again, any help appreciated!

Thanks! :)
Hello,:headbonk:

I am in the same case of you.

I am French and i imported my Mustang GT 50 th th package.

I have made any modifications with forscan with sucess to have all frequencies. (using ELM327 HSCAN and MSCAN )

I can give you the line code to change for frequencies if you want.

But i don't find the line to change to have the RDS function in europe.

do you know this line ?

thank for your return:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hello,:headbonk:

I am in the same case of you.

I am French and i imported my Mustang GT 50 th th package.

I have made any modifications with forscan with sucess to have all frequencies. (using ELM327 HSCAN and MSCAN )

I can give you the line code to change for frequencies if you want.

But i don't find the line to change to have the RDS function in europe.

do you know this line ?

thank for your return:thumbsup:
Your 2015 is Sync 2 (MFT) and his 2016 is Sync 3. The as-built settings likely won't be the same.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Great! I will try it to see what happens. Will let you know.

Thanks again.
Did this work? I see a option for OFF, 10 seconds, 20 seconds and 120 seconds in my IPC for Auto Lamp Delay

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Actually I put 01 everywhere like [MENTION=28279]veeefour[/MENTION] did:

726-14-02 0101 0101 01XX
726-21-01 01XX XXXX XXXX

If I understand it correctly, this is for how long it takes before the headlamps are turned on when you enter a dark place such as a tunnel or a garage, or when it gets dark outside. This function is called Automatic Headlights (to put it correctly). What you are referring to is the amount of time that your lights stay on after exiting your vehicle. Anyway, I am a bit confused as well...

Maybe [MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] or [MENTION=28279]veeefour[/MENTION] can help us out on that. Do you guys have any feedback on that, like what it does exactly and what happens when you put 01 or 00 everywhere?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Hey Makis I was checking this some days ago, and my lamps come on almost instantly when I enter a tunnel or any other dark place.. I haven't changed anything, do your car have such a different behaviour?

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Stefano, to be honest with you I haven't tested it thoroughly. There aren't many tunnels where I live, but I went through a couple the other day and what I noticed is that the headlights come on almost instantly, whereas the dash lights change to "night mode" (for example purple as I have them) a bit later. I can't remember exactly what the situation was before, but I think that the head lights used to come on at the same time the dash lights turned to "night mode" :shrug:

Last edited:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Stefano, to be honest with you I haven't tested it thoroughly. There aren't many tunnels where I live, but I went through a couple the other day and what I noticed is that the headlights come on almost instantly, whereas the dash lights change to "night mode" (for example purple as I have them) a bit later. I can't remember exactly what the situation was before, but if I think that the head lights used to come on at the same time the dash lights turned to "night mode" :shrug:
Mine (stock) has the same behaviour: lights on almost instantly, dash light some soeconds later. This should be the default\factory setting.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Hi Guys,

Seems I've made a mistake somewhere in the As-built on my car...
Now, when I drive, I'm no more able to change the destination in the NAV as the car said "due to restrictions, you can't change the destination while driving" (or something like this, language is set to French on my car :headbonk:).

Do you know where I can change this thing ?

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually I put 01 everywhere like [MENTION=28279]veeefour[/MENTION] did:

726-14-02 0101 0101 01XX
726-21-01 01XX XXXX XXXX

If I understand it correctly, this is for how long it takes before the headlamps are turned on when you enter a dark place such as a tunnel or a garage, or when it gets dark outside. This function is called Automatic Headlights (to put it correctly). What you are referring to is the amount of time that your lights stay on after exiting your vehicle. Anyway, I am a bit confused as well...

Maybe [MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] or [MENTION=28279]veeefour[/MENTION] can help us out on that. Do you guys have any feedback on that, like what it does exactly and what happens when you put 01 or 00 everywhere?
Didn't got the chance to make this on my car due to Holidays, will try it over the weekend with 00 :thumbsup:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks John. I just don't think there is a difference before changing the code and after. Let us know when you have the opportunity to test it.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Hi Guys,

Now, when I drive, I'm no more able to change the destination in the NAV as the car said "due to restrictions, you can't change the destination while driving" (or something like this, language is set to French on my car :headbonk:).

This is a restriction that US mustangs have, but not EU\export ones. Don't know what you have messed up :shrug:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It's probably not a good thing for a driver to be using a touch screen while driving. But I like that some cars will detect which side the person's arm is coming from and let a passenger work the nav.

Jacked4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby GT/California Special, 2010 F150 Plat
Is there a way to make the factory vacuum gauge also show boost by changing any settings?

Goldwax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost - Race Red
Hi Guys,

Found this in the Infotainment subforum...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1822315&postcount=6

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's probably not a good thing for a driver to be using a touch screen while driving. But I like that some cars will detect which side the person's arm is coming from and let a passenger work the nav.
It's not for me, usually it's my GF's job to set the NAV or to change the destination when I drive :D
Sponsored