Sponsored

Any good dealers in the west end?

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
I'm done dealing with my purchasing dealer. I've lost faith in their competency to provide me reasonable and efficient service. It's been everything but now that I've reevaluated my experience. Today was the day that I said enough is enough and I refuse to make excuses for their lack of service.

I wrote them a respectful but firm email this morning expressing my distain and will never go back there again. I'd like to add that they are yet to acknowledge my email. I have a copy of this email as I CC'd myself and my wife and for the purposes of time stamping.

I've rescinded my reviews and am moving forward.

I was thinking of trying Dixie Ford. Maybe even Oakville Ford.
Sponsored

EZRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium with PP
I'm done dealing with my purchasing dealer. I've lost faith in their competency to provide me reasonable and efficient service. It's been everything but now that I've reevaluated my experience. Today was the day that I said enough is enough and I refuse to make excuses for their lack of service.

I wrote them a respectful but firm email this morning expressing my distain and will never go back there again. I'd like to add that they are yet to acknowledge my email. I have a copy of this email as I CC'd myself and my wife and for the purposes of time stamping.

I've rescinded my reviews and am moving forward.

I was thinking of trying Dixie Ford. Maybe even Oakville Ford.
Who was your dealer if you don't mind me asking so I can avoid them, LOL.

I purchased my 2016 from Oak-Land Ford and while I have yet to get it serviced there (only 3 weeks old) they bent over backwards to help me get my 2016. Found one in stock at another dealer that fit my specs and they brought it in ASAP for me and saved me the 3 months waiting for a custom order. Plan on doing all my service there in the future.

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
I got my car from Colony Ford in Brampton, I dealt with Mike Herbele, one of the sales managers, got a killer deal!! Even on a factory order too. Summit Ford also has a good reputation, if you are looking in the east end, Hertitage Ford, see Bill Aiken there.

EZRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium with PP
I got my car from Colony Ford in Brampton, I dealt with Mike Herbele, one of the sales managers, got a killer deal!! Even on a factory order too. Summit Ford also has a good reputation, if you are looking in the east end, Hertitage Ford, see Bill Aiken there.
I'm actually in Brampton and almost went to Colony but Oak-Land had a few 2015 corporate lease vehicle returns I wanted to check out and ended up dealing with them on my 2016.

OP
OP

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
Who was your dealer if you don't mind me asking so I can avoid them, LOL.

I purchased my 2016 from Oak-Land Ford and while I have yet to get it serviced there (only 3 weeks old) they bent over backwards to help me get my 2016. Found one in stock at another dealer that fit my specs and they brought it in ASAP for me and saved me the 3 months waiting for a custom order. Plan on doing all my service there in the future.

Thorncrest Ford.

Here is my email to them sent at 10am this morning.

Jim,

It's been 8 weeks since I've first picked up my car from you. 8 weeks since you've been notified that there was damage to my door and that it needs to be fixed. 8 weeks later you've failed to complete the job by bringing in my car and applying the Xzylon to the repainted door. It was repainted 4 weeks ago.*

Now I'm annoyed - very annoyed!*

I bought a new car with damage on it. Clear and obvious damage. Damage that should have been caught by both the sales man - you and your detailer but the car was given to me anyway. I had a great attitude and patience in regards to this. I didn't even mention the slight road rash on my front bumpers lower air dam or the minor scratch on the drivers side rear quarter just below the rear quarter window. Both are not obvious and I could live with it. The car is intended to be a daily driver and wear and tear is expected.*I am a very reasonable person. However, a new car is a new car and new cars should not be delivered this way.

I was also good about my car having less than a quarter tank of gas in it upon picking it up from your dealership. Everyone else picked up their car with a full tank of gas. I didn't though. I still had a good attitude about this.*

I finally dropped off my car to get it painted and was given a horribly unsafe and nasty cigarette smelling car as a loaner. I drove it a few feet in your lot and knew the brakes were in dire need of service. I should have never been given a car like that. No one should ever get a car like that. It's unacceptable. I dropped that car back to you only to get another car with warped front rotors and the headache of having to open and close the trunk every where I park so your plate doesn't get stolen. Regardless, I still maintained a good attitude. I then stopped in to pick up my Mustang only to find it dirty with water marks every where. My car was spotless when I gave it to you and after painting it should have been returned to me this way.*

At the time of picking up the car you said the paint needs to cure and you will have me back in a week to apply the Xzylon. 4 weeks later and nothing... I even reminded you a week later that I'm waiting and a week after that ( two weeks after painting) you said you haven't forgotten about me. Clearly you have...

So now when I go back and think of all the things I've over looked and the effort I've put in to give you and your dealership raving reviews I feel really upset, discounted and disrespected. I feel like I've been mishandled and what should have been handled within a week has gone on for 8 weeks. That's terrible service and poor post sale follow up. You have forgotten about me and have treated me with no sense of priority what so ever.*

So now...what's done is done.

Rest assured, I will not be visiting your dealership for any reason. Rest assured that I have lost compete confidence in you as my sales rep and Thorncrest as a competent dealership. Rest assured, I will be rescinding both of my reviews. I don't have the need to be spiteful and leave you a bad review but will give my opinion of your lack lustre service when asked where did I buy my mustang from.*

Eight weeks...enough is enough.

Sponsored

Entity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I purchased from Colony Ford in Brampton. Got a great deal, I think, but have yet to receive car so cannot comment on service. Sucks about your bad experience.

OP
OP

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
Thanks Doc. I'll try them out.

Entity, it's not the end of the world for me. One day I woke up and starting retracing my dealers steps and then the dawning light came to pass and I realized that my dealer can't provide me with good service. I knew I was in trouble when they gave me a piss coloured Fusion which wreaked and I mean WREAKED of cigarette. I drove it ten feet and heard the rear calliper grinding and told my rep it's grinding. I had to grab my kid so I left but the more I drove it the more I got pissed off. I called my rep the next day and told him if you ever give me a car like this you will never get my business again. They gave me another car the next day and with all that they couldn't keep on top of providing me good service.

I'm going to have the entire car polished and buffed next year. Any irregularities will be dealt with then.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Erinwood, no admin fee, no bs

OP
OP

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
I spoke to a rep at Oakland Ford, online, requesting options of pricing for me first oil change. I went for the online option after calling the service department twice and getting no one on the phone. First call at 10am and the second at 10:30am. Four days later and nada.

Called Dixie Ford and got pricing and all the details from them. I'll try them out. $100 for full synthetic isn't too bad.

I'm not sure if I'll buy another Mustang at this point. If I do it'll be an SVT which puts the price point right up there with the new C7 Corvette - a super car, or the CTS-V.
Sponsored