Sponsored

Any development of a throttle body for the Ecoboost

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
I had the BBK throttle body on my 2011 v6, and it did indeed add better throttle response as well as a little bit better power between 2k-4k.

I'm wondering if there is any value in a larger diameter throttle body for the ecoboost and what that value would be.

I only saw one other post that talked about the silly throttle body spacer, but nothing about a throttle body in general.
Sponsored

Boosting Stangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Competition Orange
I was always under the impression evacuating air from the engine was more the weaker point of this 2.3 engine. Which is why modification to the head is being done to help the air flow. Maybe after the testing is done with revised head, turbo and internals this may expose weakness in the throttle body.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
The Stock TB isn't that bad, the issue you will have is the tuning side of things. There are a lot of parameters and tables focused around the throttle body on this car, and if you change the physical size of it you will have to do a whole world of math to get the tuning right. If you don't you will have stumbling issues, high idles, poor throttle response, or simply limp mode.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I had my stock TB ported by maxbore you may want to check out his site. http://maxbore.com/

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if it solves the same problem but my Pedalmax rockets the car off the line, it's so crazy quick that I can barely use it in sport mode.

And with the remote control knob the % is adjustable.

TC

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I believe BBK already has one. I don't think anyone here has bought one yet.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
That's pretty interesting. What are you impressions of it? Worth the money?
throttle response seems to be faster after installing it. TB looked bigger/smoothed out, the blade is definitely thinner, and no surging issues. Idle is smooth as butter. Here are before & after pics(after pics the TB is still in the plastic from shipping).
b4.jpg
b42.jpg
at.jpg
at1.jpg

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
I'm no expert on turbo cars but this seems like a pretty cost effective performance mod. Any increased airflow should be good, especially for those with a turbo upgrade.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I have noticed while watching some data from the PID for actually throttle body position, that while the pedal is to the floor the TB is sometimes not even more the 60% open with the stock tune. I have heard that the PCM controls the PSI to the intake manifold by closing the TB to get desired pressure. Maybe the OP's tune is much more aggressive though and is actually letting the TB fully open for a good amount of time. Otherwise I wonder if a better TB is really helpful for turbo cars where normally aspirated engines always want the least restriction.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
WE have BBK's here for testing, going on big power cars with billet intake manifolds. For stock turbo cars, airflow isn't going to be an issue so the throttle body upgrade cost would be better spent somewhere else.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
throttle response seems to be faster after installing it. TB looked bigger/smoothed out, the blade is definitely thinner, and no surging issues. Idle is smooth as butter. Here are before & after pics(after pics the TB is still in the plastic from shipping).
This is on your GT, right? Totally different than on an EB.
Sponsored