Sponsored

[Brake Squeal TSB - EB PP & GT PP]: Finally Had the Brake Squeal Repair Done ...

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I know many folks who have Mustang GTs with the base suspension and Ecoboost Mustangs with PP have been interested hearing from those who've had the TSB repair done to stop the brake squeal issue.

A week ago, I finally took my 2015 Mustang GT in for its first maintenance/oil change at 6,200 miles and also requested they perform the TSB 15-0030 repair for the brakes. The service writer was familiar with the problem and didn't ask me any questions about the TSB.

A week later, I'm very pleased. The brakes are still perfectly quiet. It's a weird sensation to have silent braking after driving the car for 8 months with squealing brakes that sounded like a garbage truck. LOL!

For newbies who aren't aware of this issue, here's a description of the TSB. TSB 15-0030 "5.0L [Mustang GT, base suspension] and 2.3L Ecoboost [Mustang] with performance package front brake noise - built on or before 2/11/2015"
Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Yay!:cool:

I heard the squeal, once, faintly, since the fix, but I chalked it up as a fluke.
Overall I've driven/stopped thousands of miles without any problems, thankfully.

I hear the UPS truck almost daily in my neighborhood and think, Whew!:hail: :ford:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
A week ago, I finally took my 2015 Mustang GT in for its first maintenance/oil change at 6,200 miles and also requested they perform the TSB 15-0030 repair for the brakes. The service writer was familiar with the problem and didn't ask me any questions about the TSB.

A week later, I'm very pleased. /11/2015"
A dealer that knows what to do. That's good to hear for a change.

Coyote2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former car: 2015 MUSTANG GT Premium Fastback w/ PP in Magnetic
Man am I glad to have found this forum. I was here looking for ideas on upgrades for my new '15 GT and stumbled upon this thread. I have this noise problem. Been cursing it for a few months now. Did not realize that it was a known issue and that I should go to my dealer. Guess now I will make that trip and see if I can silence the squeal. Thanks.

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
I actually had this fixed within the first 2 weeks of owning the car. I had some terrible noise coming from my brakes, and took it in, and they replaced the pads and rotors per the service bulletin with zero hassle, and been since mid april 100% noise free! :D Love my dealership! Always great to deal with the people there.

Sponsored

Coyote2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former car: 2015 MUSTANG GT Premium Fastback w/ PP in Magnetic
I hope my dealer is going to be good to me. I re-read the TSB and it clearly states 4-piston brakes. I have the GT w/PP so that means 6-piston brakes. This TSB does not cover my issue, yet, I do have that god awful high pitch squeal as I apply the brakes.

Something needs to be done about it.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Me too! I had mine done at about the same time with the same mileage. You're right, it's weird not having to cringe when I'm coming to a stop or going slow and hitting the brakes! I think it might be 2 weeks for me and maybe 700 miles or so and still no screech. Mine didn't have the problem when it was new though. It seemed like it didn't start until about 3,000 miles or so. Just have to wait and see but I'm very happy it's gone for now.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
GT PP... zero squeal.

I do get a low frequency "singing/ringing" at very low speeds, under 10 mph... but BFD.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Mine falls into the TSB dates and the correct brakes. But no noise. I wonder if they will honor the recall if I wait until my pads need replacing? :D

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Mine falls into the TSB dates and the correct brakes. But no noise. I wonder if they will honor the recall if I wait until my pads need replacing? :D

I doubt it. The dealer needs to hear the squeal in order to order the parts. Also, I don't think it's right to abuse TSBs like that and that's why dealers need to hear the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I doubt it. The dealer needs to hear the squeal in order to order the parts. Also, I don't think it's right to abuse TSBs like that and that's why dealers need to hear the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm guessing your sarcasm meter is broke, eh?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Pick this up at Ford......

I got this from Ford today, on the brakes squealing on 5.0 Mustang and eco-boost mustangs..... Just thought I would share this with you guys, gals.... And yes my 5.0 Mustang falls under this, TBS 15-0030

Hope this helps..... Thanks John....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Sorry....that's what this was for >>:D
Maybe this --> :p ...with :headbonk: to drive the point home would have been better.

;)
Sponsored