Sponsored

V1 Radar Detector hard wire install

dtraill27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
PA is a joke for speed enforcement. Only state troopers have radar, only have K band, and have to be stationary. V1 and Redline have saved me countless times. Still need to use common sense while using them though
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Sponsored

JASON@ANCHOR-ROOM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ANCHOR-ROOM.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Little too rich for a mount for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A mount and a power tap - $30 less than our competitors.

And to make sure the listing is clear all you need is the 2015 mustang and the valentine one :). The complete adjustable mounting system and power tap are all included.

Anchor-Room.com

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
A mount and a power tap - $30 less than our competitors

Anchor-Room.com
For anyone that likes a mirror mount it is a good deal if it is built well. I prefer more stealthily install mounted higher up by the headliner.

dtraill27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
Once it gets warmer I'll document the install. I still haven't figured out how I will mount yet. I have the headliner mount for the v1 and use a modified mount for the Redline. Seems like the space is tight above the mirror for a detector so we'll see. I like that mount but I already have the concealed display from V1 so I'd like a stealthier place. Plus when driving in VA I need to have my Redline invisible from the outside

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I am going to give the mirror mount a try. I ordered that along with another V1.

Sponsored

Slikk

n0oB
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT
If you dont DD the car stay away from the Savvy, It drains the battery. I am now looking for a method the hardwire the radar into the car.

del101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
No offense to those that disagree, but I think all these kits and the like are a total ripoff. This is something that costs literally almost nothing. All you need is a phone cord, scissors and electric tape. Below is a pic of my final install of my V1 on my 2015 GT convertible. I will say that there was one hitch--the V1's power cable is the green one and the ground is the red (which is the opposite for the phone jack). So! Wire the red cable from the phone cord to the ground black/blue cable, and wire the green cable to the power cable, tape everything up, and you're all set. Also, I don't know why people are hard-mounting also. I like being able to pull of the suction cups and take the whole V1 out when I leave the car with the top down in public. Just my $0.02 . Damn I love this car.
b2ddfd925be03a07b9f53f9bfb3634b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trent W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This is great, thanks! I want to install a dash cam powered from the rear-view mirror. Now the only thing I need to figure how to step down the voltage from 12V to 5V for the dashcam... In worst case I just open the step down cigarette lighter adapter comes with the dashcam and put the electronics into a smaller box...
Hey Just did this to my car I have pics. here is a Link to my post. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=493225#post493225
Sponsored

Last edited: