Cobra jet IM and boost?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'll need to change my headers too. I have 1 3/4" kooks
I got my headers because I fully intended to go with a supercharger (Procharger is my lead choice at the moment). After seeing some stuff at Boostworks, it made me seriously consider going with a twin turbo and ditch my headers (can help offset the cost a bit when I resell I suppose).

Call Travis at Boostworks, he might be able to figure something out for you. As far as if it has been done, I have seen a videos of Cobra Jets with forced induction, just cruise YouTube.
Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Thanks. I was always under the impression 1 7/8" was the only way to go with FI
If you don't have them and are buying your first set, then sure, go for the 1 7/8. If you already have 1 3/4 it's not worth the time or money to swap. I have 1 3/4" headers and by the look of my dyno graph and boost pressure the car was not hurting for header. The power was still going up when I had to cut it off at 7500 (max fuel system).

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I have a paxton and if I were to do it again I would go twin turbo due to the added potential. I also like the low mount turbos and no added strees to the crank.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
I have a paxton and if I were to do it again I would go twin turbo due to the added potential. I also like the low mount turbos and no added strees to the crank.
3.6, stock stall, Best Et 10.43 @136MPH 93 + Octanium
I think you made a wise choice for the money ;)

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
3.6, stock stall, Best Et 10.43 @136MPH 93 + Octanium
I think you made a wise choice for the money ;)
The car runs great and I have been a 9.9 at 138 with the stall in it but I know i will out grow the supercharger. the main reason i didn't go with a turbo was Hellion was the only turbo company that was delivering them in a decent time and I wanted a low mount. If I had to do it over again right now i would go with a boostworks or LPF. the main thing that scared me about turbos was the possibility over over boosting the engine if wastegate or boost controller failed.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
I really like both BW & LPF set ups, I have a 5th gen camaro that runs a AGP kit & there are identical to them with placement. But I got my Paxton from Beefcake on black Friday for around $4800 & that was including the supporting mods except fuel system & tune. I never planned on building the motor & I never planned on going over 850whp but I most certainly agree with you, if you plan on running a built motor & below low 9's turbo is a no brainer. I would imagine race fuel/e85 & stall would still be needed for turbos running those times but seeing BW kit at that price has me kicking my own ass a little. :headbonk:

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I really like both BW & LPF set ups, I have a 5th gen camaro that runs a AGP kit & there are identical to them with placement. But I got my Paxton from Beefcake on black Friday for around $4800 & that was including the supporting mods except fuel system & tune. I never planned on building the motor & I never planned on going over 850whp but I most certainly agree with you, if you plan on running a built motor & below low 9's turbo is a no brainer. I would imagine race fuel/e85 & stall would still be needed for turbos running those times but seeing BW kit at that price has me kicking my own ass a little. :headbonk:
I never thought I would want more than a 9 second car but I am starting to think about 8s now. At the track a 9 second pass doesn't feel that fast. In the street my car is way too fast.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I never thought I would want more than a 9 second car but I am starting to think about 8s now. At the track a 9 second pass doesn't feel that fast. In the street my car is way too fast.
We must have different streets, I'm looking to turn mine up to at least 1k wheel:D

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I think people are a little too worred about this "stress on the crank" caused by blowers...especially ones that use the stock damper. I've seen turbo cars break the crank snout too.

Sponsored

Grabber5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Any update to your original question op? I have almost the same setup as you except i have a GT350 intake setup on the car as it sits and a CJ sitting on the shelf waiting to go on. trying to figure out if i can make the CJ work with a centri blower. Looks like Paxton/ vortec head unit would sit to close to the TB with the CJ setup just from how it looks in pics.

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
I've decided on swapping the CJ IM and going with the boss IM (back to stock throttle body) and going with beefcakes Paxton stage 2 blowoff package. I just got done ordering a few more parts but expect big changes in the next month or so....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Yup me too

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Personally i think you are out of your mind to sell the CJ and switch to a worse intake. Id make the CJ work. Hell id V band the CJ if i had to.

Let me ask all of you this .......

If the oval CJ is an issue then how in the hell do Whipple, Kenne Bell, and VMP/Roush/FRPP/TVS GT500 blowers do it then? They all use oval throttle bodies too.

Ill go out on a limb amd say not being able to "seal" a CJ is a crock of shit!!
Sponsored