Sponsored

GT vs Camaro SS vs Focus ST

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
In a canyon! Obviously on a race track, the v8s blow the ST away but what about in back roads? The ST does handle better, but we all know the v8s are faster, but can they keep up? Go!
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
No matter where you are the SS (for under 40k might as well get the 1LE ) is going to be the fastest car no matter where you are. The ST will smoke the GT everywhere as well because of less weight and plus it is cheaper, cheaper insurance, better gas mileage, more unique, better sounding, easy to add more power, has torque for DDing which the GT does not have, etc....

OP
OP

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
No matter where you are the SS (for under 40k might as well get the 1LE ) is going to be the fastest car no matter where you are. The ST will smoke the GT everywhere as well because of less weight and plus it is cheaper, cheaper insurance, better gas mileage, more unique, better sounding, easy to add more power, has torque for DDing which the GT does not have, etc....

Thats kinda what I was thinking. The SS is definitely the fastest of the 3. The GT isnt really a track monster, it needs upgrades. The ST does handle incredibly though. Im asking this because a group of people I know they have a tuned focus ST and another had an SS. The guy with the SS said he cant keep up in the backroads. I call BS he just cant drive but thats just me. I think the Focus ST is a great car but come on, its not beating an SS. Is that a fair statement or am I off my trolly?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Having owned a Focus ST that was tuned I can't imagine it keeping up with a GT unless the roads were extremely tight or the Focus was massively built.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I call massive BS on the focus taking out the gt anywhere. My PP GT wasn’t bad stock, maybe 75-80% as confidence inspiring in the mountains as my brz with suspension mods was. After Steeda shocks and springs and irs braces it’s actually more confidence inspiring in the mountains. Also, the gt makes the same tq at the wheels at 1200 rpm as the st does peak crank, so there goes the “more tq for DD down low”. And saying the turbo 4 would be better sounding than a v8 would be a first lol, but everyone has preferences.

I like the st, and I think they’re extremely fun bang for buck, but it’s not a better car than a gt.

Stock to stock id say the camaro will be slightly ahead of a gt, with the focus not far behind or almost even in the twisties with a good driver.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
And saying the turbo 4 would be better sounding than a v8 would be a first lol, but everyone has preferences.
Look at the laptimes that are done by each car and you will know who the faster car is. For me its an easy choice, you can get a Focus ST new for 20k, or spend that on a used 5.0. No brainer, 5.0 baby!

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I had a stage 3 tuned Focus ST and I now have a GT and they are both fun in their own way. I took the ST autocrossing all the time and it handled that like a champ, I just took the GT to The Tail of the Dragon and left my tuned 2011 WRX buddy in my dust behind me. I don't know which one you would consider better, I think you would be happy with either and it comes down to personal preference, what kind of driving you do, and some test drives.

Numbers only tell half the story and if I wanted the most powerful car I would have gone with a GTI over the ST and an SS over the GT, but neither of those cars were as fun when I tested them and Ford is on point in the styling department!

forango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Having gone from a 2014 S3 ST to a 2015 GT I can tell you that if you make the St with enough power to compete with the GT, all it is going to do in the lower gears is spin the tires anyways

RWD for the win

SHONOFF15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW GT
Maybe he meant the Focus RS? That was my initial guess.

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
My wife owns an RS and I have a GT. After driving both I can't imagine a GT hanging with an RS on a curvy road unless it had some major suspension mods. My mustang feels like a Buick after being in the RS.

Now in a straight line I'm confident i could run her down.
Sponsored