x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Is this the same stuff that goes on exterior pieces. I want to do my hood scoops and spoiler.

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Have you thought about wrapping the center console?
Yeah I was actually looking at doing that next just a Lil bit more of a complex piece with all the pieces I have to take off

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Is this the same stuff that goes on exterior pieces. I want to do my hood scoops and spoiler.
It seems like pretty tough stuff and it's nice and thick so I'm sure it would look nice on the outside of the car and hold up to the elements as well

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im thinking of doing this too, as well as some Chrome pieces and door accent panels...I dont like the chrome shift bezel or the cup holder bezel. Currently have Auto-dip on them but its not very durable and already has some scratch marks in it. Any tips of wrapping something like the chrome bezels?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Im thinking of doing this too, as well as some Chrome pieces and door accent panels...I dont like the chrome shift bezel or the cup holder bezel. Currently have Auto-dip on them but its not very durable and already has some scratch marks in it. Any tips of wrapping something like the chrome bezels?
Best tip I can give is to prep it really well. Other than that should be pretty much the same process. I liked the contrast in the vents but have been strategizing how to wrap the shift boot surround piece. Its a pretty tight fit with how it snaps together into the center counsel.

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I saw a guy on youtube doing the surround on a fiesta...was a little bigger than ours, but still pretty small. Just torn on what vinyl to get at this point. Seems like the thinner the better for the smaller pieces.

sKyZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP, 1994 GT 'Vert
I wrapped my dash this weekend and followed the video. I also have some experience in removing bubbles and such from putting on screen protectors for laptops, phones, tablets, etc... so I'm familiar with the process. However, there are multiple vertical lines in the wrap after it has been applied. I'm pretty sure this is due to how the vinyl was shipped (In a bubble envelope rather than a box) and it appears that it was folded. Heat did not remove the vertical lines and are quite disappointing. I'll probably end up ordering vinyl from a more reliable source and attempting it again, but I did spend about 4-5 hours getting in perfect and was hoping it was cure (or "air out") after a few days. Today is day number six and the lines are still there. I'm not sure if I'm just ADD or something, but I'm disappointed in the quality of the vinyl.

9Yn4PSv.jpg

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I wrapped my dash this weekend and followed the video. I also have some experience in removing bubbles and such from putting on screen protectors for laptops, phones, tablets, etc... so I'm familiar with the process. However, there are multiple vertical lines in the wrap after it has been applied. I'm pretty sure this is due to how the vinyl was shipped (In a bubble envelope rather than a box) and it appears that it was folded. Heat did not remove the vertical lines and are quite disappointing. I'll probably end up ordering vinyl from a more reliable source and attempting it again, but I did spend about 4-5 hours getting in perfect and was hoping it was cure (or "air out") after a few days. Today is day number six and the lines are still there. I'm not sure if I'm just ADD or something, but I'm disappointed in the quality of the vinyl.

9Yn4PSv.jpg

I know that you are talking about. I had that at the very end of my vinyl roll. I ended up heating it up and stretching it out over the piece a few times. cant really tell anymore.

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I saw a guy on youtube doing the surround on a fiesta...was a little bigger than ours, but still pretty small. Just torn on what vinyl to get at this point. Seems like the thinner the better for the smaller pieces.
The thicker pieces were actually easier to handle and didn't flap around as much when laying it down.

Once you have the vinyl where you want it, just hit it with the heatgun and it will pull any tension off the vinyl and keep it from pulling up later

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Thinking about this. I have a spare console top, and was looking for a engine-turn vinyl to match the dash trim on the PP....

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Thinking about this. I have a spare console top, and was looking for a engine-turn vinyl to match the dash trim on the PP....
There are a lot of vinyl options out there. I'm sure someone may have something this will come close.

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Been thinking more and more about this. I found a pic of it from Tommy V. I think it would look pretty good if it matched the dash trim
20424004_1914632658550556_1949049392374638095_o.jpg

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Wow that looks amazing.
Right! Just haven't gotten around to giving it a try. looks pretty straight forward long as you have a long enough wrap.
Sponsored